5 NEW CASES OF CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED LOCALLY IN JUST 2 WEEKS

Published at:

Another new case of coronavirus has been confirmed on the Isle of Wight, as well as the confirmation of the death of a care home resident locally.

The latest figures available show that a case of COVID-19 was confirmed on Friday 7th August. This is in addition to the 2 new cases from 8th August, as previously reported by Island Echo.

A total of 3 new cases have been identified in August so far alongside 2 cases at the end of July – on 27th and 31st. That means in just 2 weeks alone 5 cases have been linked to the Isle of Wight.

86 people across the Isle of Wight have now died with coronavirus, 43 of which have been within the care home setting. 39 deaths have occurred within hospital, 3 at home and 1 at Mountbatten Hospice.

426 confirmed cases of coronavirus have been identified on the Island since the pandemic began.

ron
ron
5 months ago

Well what a shock, especially when the tourists come over and say it’s safe over here and carry on as normal.

Old bean
Old bean
Reply to  ron
5 months ago

You think the same as me Ron but I was slanged of when I said about the tourist I was told bringing money to island is more important just be careful what you say

The Truth
The Truth
Reply to  Old bean
5 months ago

Old Bean its facts! Tourism brings in money like it or not, without them the island wouldn’t be the beautiful place it is today.

Blaaah
Blaaah
Reply to  The Truth
5 months ago

Tourism may bring money in… But it isn’t the reason the island is beautiful, the island is a beautiful setting without tourists, where does all this money they bring down here go? Cos it sure as hell doesn’t go on facilities and other such things that would make the island nicer for the people who live here… And for the people who holiday here

Jimjam56
Jimjam56
Reply to  The Truth
5 months ago

This island will be and always has been beautiful, tourism aside. Sometimes life has to take back seat in order to fully recover and sacrifices made in order to do that.
One summer without tourists shouldn’t hurt and it would be in a better place for us to receive them next year.
This is our island and we should protect it and our residents first and foremost

The Truth
The Truth
Reply to  Jimjam56
5 months ago

Don’t moan when your council tax goes up by 40% and the council make even more cuts to services because of the lack of revenue brought in by tourism and the people that work in that industry. Oh and don’t moan at all the people that would lose their jobs for not being able to get work. If any of you close minded caulkheads think this place would survive without tourism and holiday makers then think again… You would without doubt all be in for a very rude awakening.

caulkhead
caulkhead
Reply to  The Truth
5 months ago

I find that very insulting, I have lived here all my life & find it is overners, who move to the Island that do not like tourists here, pandemic or not.

The Truth
The Truth
Reply to  caulkhead
5 months ago

You are kidding me? This place is the most closed minded bigoted place in the UK. The island in itself is stunning a gift from God if you will. However the price most free thinking people must pay are the little Englanders who inhabit the villages here, the further west south west you go the worse it gets. Just look at the posts in this “debate” alone. My point is made! 😎

Eye roll
Eye roll
Reply to  The Truth

Go away then! Simple!

Goblin
Goblin
Reply to  The Truth
5 months ago

I second that! Closed minded gossipy cliquey…..

Pete
Pete
Reply to  The Truth
5 months ago

Yes, push off back where you came from. You are the typical old style ‘Barrack room lawyer’ . Stop your stupid ranting.

Another Caulkhead
Another Caulkhead
Reply to  caulkhead

Couldn’t agree more. We’ll said Caulkhead

clare baker
clare baker
Reply to  Old bean
5 months ago

Well said,couldn’t agree more,think we all thought this would happen.

Richard
Richard
Reply to  ron
5 months ago

I’m a bus driver and I heard from a tourist that you won’t get the virus if your on holiday.

5 months ago

So, these new cases, are they islanders or holiday makers !!

Ang
Ang
Reply to  Pippin
5 months ago

Holiday makers are included in their county not ours even though they may catch it or bring it here

Old bean
Old bean
Reply to  Pippin
5 months ago

Does it matter they are still over on island

Sarah day
Sarah day
5 months ago

Stop so many people coming over from the mainland and maybe we can curb the trend. I went down the seafront this morning for my daily walk and the way people are behaving it seems they have all forgotten what happened with the lockdown not so many months ago.

Miss Primmer
Miss Primmer
Reply to  Sarah day
5 months ago

As a councillor owns many of the sea side cafe’s and kiosks on the seafront, don’t expect lockdown until AFTER the money making season is almost at an end.

Cash first, crocodile tears and ‘safety’ later, when the cashing up is done.

Nic Gash
Nic Gash
Reply to  Miss Primmer
5 months ago

The idea that Wayne is responsible for UK policy – is pushing it!!

Reply to  Nic Gash
5 months ago

It shows what a sad bunch of so called Islanders exist if your honest!

YIGAF
YIGAF
Reply to  Gungadin
5 months ago

Again I’ll put the question to you in 2 parts . Question 1 : are you an islander? Question 2: who are you to brand someone ignorant. You show a low esteem of the island and the islanders so why do you stay here?

Reply to  YIGAF

I’m here to annoy you

YIGAF
YIGAF
Reply to  Gungadin
5 months ago

Actually personally you don’t annoy me but if stupidity was a criminal offence you would have been arrested a long time ago. If annoying people is your aim in life I do feel sorry for you in a way. Must be lonely in your world. Bye Field Marshall Windbag.

Reply to  YIGAF
5 months ago

Hello delusional enjoy your inbred attitude.

YIGAF
YIGAF
Reply to  Gungadin
5 months ago

Time for bed for you. It’s been a long day. Won’t be long before you reach the age to wear long trousers. Exciting times ahead for you, don’t be afraid of growing up .

Magical mag
Magical mag
Reply to  YIGAF
5 months ago

To quote ..you’re not a better man than those on here……

Magical mag
Magical mag
Reply to  Magical mag
5 months ago

Apologies this was meant for gungadin and not you

Reply to  Magical mag
5 months ago

Your so stupid, you cannot type a messge to the right person are you YIGAF second coming?

Pepe
Pepe
Reply to  YIGAF
5 months ago

If you didn’t know, Gungadin is a brain-dead liberal leftie London twat. The poor sad little wretch is still ‘triggered’ with losing the EU referendum. 🙂

Reply to  Miss Primmer
5 months ago

A very very sad presumption against an entrepreneur, disgraceful but expected from an ignorant person.

Dean
Dean
Reply to  Miss Primmer
5 months ago

Close the island for a year , shut every thing down and I mean every thing

The Truth
The Truth
Reply to  Dean
5 months ago

Don’t be stupid! People need to work..

Fanny Craddoc .
Fanny Craddoc .
Reply to  Dean

Idiot .

Jammy dodger.
Jammy dodger.
Reply to  Miss Primmer

Somebody’s jealous .

5 months ago

Simple solution, I would have thought – everyone should have their temperature taken before boarding the ferries. Anyone showing a temperature or symptoms should not be allowed to board the ferry. If a whole car full of people has to be turned away because of one passenger, so what! Just give them a refund on their ferry fare. This should apply to all using the ferries. If this can be done at airports, why can’t it be done at ferry terminals, even hairdressers are taking customers’ temperature. Why has no-one thought of this yet – it’s not rocket science !!

Fanny Craddoc .
Fanny Craddoc .
Reply to  Pippin
5 months ago

If you want to live like that. Go and live in China.

Jimjam56
Jimjam56
Reply to  Pippin
5 months ago

Everyone would have a temperature in this heat!

Reply to  Jimjam56
5 months ago

Sweating is your body’s way of cooling you down. Having a high temperature is to do with a fever, if you have a fever you are ill and will have a temperature. Sweating does not give you a high temperature or mean that you are ill.

Karn Evil 9
Karn Evil 9
5 months ago

Don’t want to say it, but “We told you so!!” Normal people could see this coming, but the idiots in charge, Seely, Councillor “Pugwash” Stewart and the single minded “Don’t give a stuff about islanders” tourist board didn’t want to listen. I hope they feel proud about it now.

I take issue with the last part of the article

“That means in just 2 weeks alone 5 cases have been linked to the Isle of Wight.”

should read

“That means in just 2 weeks alone 5 cases have been linked to tourists coming to the Isle of Wight.”

It’s obvious.

Inbred iowter
Inbred iowter
5 months ago

Didn’t our councill and MP post that WE ARE GOOD TO GO all over the place so it was obvious this was going to happen,people said it would and they went ahead anyway

Mark
Mark
5 months ago

It will Always be profit over health from big corporate businesses. I over heard a lady talking to her friend the other day down shanklin and she said the reason she came here on holiday is she checked the government website and chose where the lowest cases were and by the sounds of it, its probably what everyone else is doing.

Mandy
Mandy
Reply to  Mark
5 months ago

There are more people on holiday at the moment than there usually is, and the irony is they are moaning about the restrictions and that the lsland is so busy.

5 months ago

By the way, to all the people who think it’s safe to crowd onto the beaches etc – it is possible to be a carrier and not know it and have no symptoms, but pass it on to someone else. So when you refuse to social distance because you don’t give a damn about anyone else, it might actually be yourself you are putting at risk not necessarily those around you, think about that !!

Ryde Reader
Ryde Reader
Reply to  Pippin
5 months ago

I went to the beach today – Ryde Appley, it wasn’t crowded, far from it in fact. I was socially distanced at all times and it was very easy to do so. I haven’t refused to social distance at all by going to the beach! In fact I was a darn sight safer there than in Tesco’s where staff and public don’t keep their distance.

Reply to  Ryde Reader
5 months ago

Glad to hear it wasn’t packed. If I had have been I’m sure you would have been sensible enough not to stay there though, right?

Ryde Reader
Ryde Reader
Reply to  Pippin
5 months ago

Yep! If it had been heaving there would have been no pleasure in it so no point in staying. As it happens there was large patches of sand with no one on it.

Black Jack
Black Jack
Reply to  Ryde Reader
5 months ago

I agree Pippin , as a local I am down there every day, and have not seen any’social distancing problems at any time.

Mr justice
Mr justice
Reply to  Pippin
5 months ago

So thousands of years of evolution and building strong immune means nothing? Bs! The second your body detects a virus flu or cold the immune system kicks in and your temperature rises. Go read about the human immune system, then you will understand.

Blaaah
Blaaah
Reply to  Mr justice
5 months ago

What are you on about mate? Yes we have immune systems, but that doesn’t protect us from new things… Even things that have been around for years such and polio… In fact until vaccines bacame a thing there was loads of things even a strong immune system couldn’t deal with…

mr justice
mr justice
Reply to  Blaaah
5 months ago

Yes you are correct in some thing you say, but new virus? That’s where you are wrong and have but miss lead. Covid virus have been around for many many years, just look it up. And vaccines, you need to do some research reading on that also.

Magical mag
Magical mag
Reply to  Mr justice
5 months ago

And some have low immune system….

mr justice
mr justice
Reply to  Magical mag
5 months ago

Yes you are correct, I have a weak immune system. January I had a chest infection and that lead to pneumonia on my lung! I’m still here! I don’t wear a muzzle or jump in fear if someone is near me, I’ve carried on as normal, I’m still here. Such a deadly virus?

Jimjam56
Jimjam56
Reply to  Pippin
5 months ago

You’re absolutely right! Recently a friend tested positive abroad last month with no symptoms whatsoever. Very scary. I think everyone should be tested regardless of symptoms, this is the only way we will be able to get on top of this

Robbie Mallon
Robbie Mallon
5 months ago

Well there’s a big surprise, considering the mass influx of tourists visiting the Island with a complete disregard for any social distancing standards. Unfortunately profit ahead of being sensible.

5 months ago

I work in a very large hotel and its packed to the rafters, very little social distancing if any at all.
90% don’t even bother with a face covering when inside and the many sanitizing stations don’t need filling up because no one is washing their hands.
They come from locations that have restrictions like they cant visit another household but they can get on a coach and travel down here!! If it wasn’t so serious that people will end up dying because of people’s selfishness then it would be laughable…..

Reply to  Phil
5 months ago

Sounds like the management needs to get their act together and start ‘managing’

Islander too
Islander too
Reply to  Phil
5 months ago

I’m not condoning the way the guests are behaving but surely it’s the responsibility of the hotel management to make sure they follow the government guide lines.
They were made clear to all businesses involving the public before they opened again including recently having to wear masked in enclosed spaced.

Opinions Matter
Opinions Matter
Reply to  Islander too
5 months ago

Yes, my thoughts exactly. This hotel, whichever one it is, someone who works there needs to ‘quietly’ report this to???? The Council?? Police, no, they probably won’t want to get involved.

Blaaah
Blaaah
Reply to  Islander too
5 months ago

You have a good point… But is it not the same case as with shops, they have no actual power to enforce the restrictions, so if someone won’t wear a face mask no one can tell them otherwise

Islander too
Islander too
Reply to  Phil
5 months ago

Sorry… masks and spaces.. typo

Opinions Matter
Opinions Matter
Reply to  Phil
5 months ago

To Phil. Why is the Manager of the hotel you work in not incisting hotel guest use a face covering when inside? These people cannot be allowed to come here and get away with this. The Manager is not being very responsible either. He needs reminding of the social distancing rules and masks!

Reply to  Opinions Matter
5 months ago

Sadly it’s down to them to be responsible adults, which obviously most people aren’t. All the signs and protocols are there, from what I have seen it is more places than you think. These selfish people don’t care at home so why would they care on holiday? Most places in Ryde are the same! Pubs are worse than the hotels etc

Spartacus
Spartacus
Reply to  Phil
5 months ago

Phil, I’m sorry that you’re having to work in this environment but like others here I agree that the responsibility lies with the manager to make sure the hotel is safe, regardless of whether the law says they must wear a mask in the public indoor parts of a hotel or not. Of course they should, with a deadly virus in general circulation.

Paul
Paul
Reply to  Phil
5 months ago

Could you please keep a record of what you see with photos, dates etc? If people become seriously ill or worse die as a result of such stupid reckless behaviour then they could prosecuted for culpable, reckless manslaughter, Trust me Im an expert. Just keep a reliable legal trail and diary with photos. I don’t want more deaths or seriously sick people here or elsewhere.. The long term impact of Covid 19 on long term disease and injury is not yet recognised but is looking really bad. There will be a day of reckoning once this is over.

Mrs brown
Mrs brown
5 months ago

Stop moaning! It’s ridiculous don’t see people moaning like this when flu kills.. and it’s just that. Glad to hear people are still living their life’s while they can.

Reply to  Mrs brown
5 months ago

People like you are the biggest problem to humanity.
Ignorant, misinformed and downright stupid.
Let’s all pray that one day there is less idiots in the world!

Mrs brown
Mrs brown
Reply to  Phil
5 months ago

No Phil.. it’s sheep like you who are the biggest problem.. do your own research instead of taking in what the fake news what’s you to believe! Live the life you love.. and love the life you live.. or follow everyone else.. wait till it makes the fear and panic even worse! And then say it’s people with an open mind that are ignorant! Phil your head with knowledge not what you are told to believe!!

Reply to  Mrs brown
5 months ago

I don’t follow anyone, I do my own thinking but thanks for your input. I’d bet my last pound i have more knowledge in my little finger than you will ever have!

Bob
Bob
Reply to  Phil
5 months ago

I think its people like you that are blind and beleive every think the gov tell ya if its so real and its going to kill us all why mess with the numbers i say enjoy life or live in fear people have a choice so stop moaning and get some sun well done mrs brown

Reply to  Bob
5 months ago

I don’t live in fear and I have a very good life….
The only thing I moan about is idiots like you and mrs brown and I hope that you both keep a lot more than two metres away from me….virus or no virus!

mr justice
mr justice
Reply to  Phil
5 months ago

Don’t forget me Phil, the biggest idiot of them all! Why? Trying to help blind fools like you! See you have a big wake up call coming your way! You haven’t a clue what’s in store for us all, but you will.!!

Reply to  mr justice
5 months ago

Your not an idiot…..your just weird!

mr justice
mr justice
Reply to  Phil
5 months ago

Ha ha nice one, but if you think I’m weird, wait until about 3 or 4 yrs from now. Your life will be the weirdest thing you can ever imagine! And it’s people like you that got us there! Ha ha

Eye roll
Eye roll
Reply to  Mrs brown
5 months ago

I think this is worse than flu!!!

Eric
Eric
5 months ago

Downs breezer bus rammed with people today not one mask!

Pessimist
Pessimist
Reply to  Eric
5 months ago

It is ok if we all diel According to the comments on this website, we are all disposable scum anyway, especially if we live in social housing or the chosen hated town of the day. So, today, whilst we can, we will hate the tourists, rather than ourselves. Divide and conquer. Shame on you.

Bob
Bob
Reply to  Eric

ow no

Magical mag
Magical mag
Reply to  Eric
5 months ago

Thought they weren’t allowed on a bus without a mask…..stupid bloody people ,what they so worried about spoiling their tans !!

Nigel
Nigel
Reply to  Eric
5 months ago

Not good, that’s why on this year’s hols i shall be hiring a car.

Resident
Resident
5 months ago

Only to be expected and do the council care or the people that are putting money before health. Just wait when the deaths go up on the Island you are to blame. There is no social distancing going on by some holidaymakers with large numbers gathering together . We were down at Ryde dogs on the beach this morning when we pointed politely out to someone it was pass The tower got a load of verbal abuse. Why does the council not fined them never anyone around. East Cowes car parked all along yellow lines. No social distancing, car doors… Read more »

oldbutalive
oldbutalive
5 months ago

The attitude of some businesses and people is just like the Chaz and Dave song “I don’t care”

I’m all right Jack also springs to mind.
Money before health.

It appears that if you do report a business, i haven’t heard of anything being done.

Andy Sindle
Andy Sindle
5 months ago

We were at Bembridge last week everyone was really good, social distancing, mask wearing in all the shops, Godshill must be commended for how they were doing. The only downer came from a group of foreigners possibly Iragi on a boat trip round the Needles, one of them was told to social distance but still kept moving and had to be told 3 times his friends all thought it was funny. The local community were excellent all credit to them.

me me
me me
5 months ago

yes its to be expected its going to up with more people about, but please social distance and wash your hands some vulnerable people have only just been aloud out after nearly 6 months in lock down and your right some people just dont give a shit enjoy your holiday

Despondant
Despondant
5 months ago

My mum went to A&E in Manchester last night where there is a local lockdown, she wore a mask but was sat right next to 3 other people no social distancing between seating and they had no masks on and not one staff member said anything . And that’s the NHS not a hotel so what hope is there?

Mr justice
Mr justice
5 months ago

What did I say about needing an excuse for a second lockdown? Oh but I’m just a nutter conspiracy person! Really ? Well let me just predict where to now eh? Masks mandatory outside your house, maybe googles to? No ! Let’s wait then. Oh, and for you folks with pets! Watch this space.

The oracle
The oracle
Reply to  Mr justice
5 months ago

I appreciate your concerns. You obviously saw the David Icke interview last week. I have got all his books and have attended three of his shows on the Island. Have you ever wondered whether his views are a double bluff by the establishment to divert your attention away from the real agenda.!! Beware.!!

mr justice
mr justice
Reply to  The oracle
5 months ago

I look forward to seeing your replies in the very near future, and I’m already licking my lips for the juicy words, I told you so! Oh, and no I didn’t see the David Icke interview last week. I’m only interested in facts, and what I have just said in my post are facts, only been in the news this week. Not the liars BBC news that you watch of course. But let’s just wait and see!

Magical mag
Magical mag
Reply to  Mr justice
5 months ago

Oh yeah what about pets…..?

Mr justice
Mr justice
Reply to  Magical mag
5 months ago

Theres no point telling people because they wont believe it anyway! I mean if I told you they have just passed a law making any property contaminated with covid can be demolished you won’t believe me, but they just have! So do some research on pets in other countries with covid,,and you might figure it out yourself!

Jan
Jan
5 months ago

We really could mange with fewer visitors for the time being to save our health and well being. I know they boost the economy but should we be more focussed on that or our health and well being. The road past our home is so busy I would like the visitors to remain at home as we are doing. We are not travelling either to the mainland or abroad so that we can stay safe. There should be more checks at the ferry ports and a short isolation for visitors

Janesville Read
Janesville Read
Reply to  Jan
5 months ago

Jan I work in a hotel, if the holiday makers were not here I would not have a wage

Arthur Sausage
Arthur Sausage
5 months ago

A case of money & economy over our lives.
Economy can but the poor souls who have passed away will never recover!
Should have secured the Island with no holiday makers untill next year.

5 months ago

Reading these comments I cannot believe I lived on the same Island.

YIGAF
YIGAF
Reply to  Gungadin
5 months ago

Well confessed Gunga. As you posted ‘Lived on the same island’ Knew all along you don’t live here. If we are not good enough for you stay away and don’t bother posting. Anyway 90% plus of you your posts are anti iOW and crap. Done us a favour anyway.

Lady Longdown Dunne-Standing
Lady Longdown Dunne-Standing
Reply to  YIGAF
5 months ago

I quite agree, sir. Old Wonga Tin, or whatever he likes to be addressed as, probably had an Island girlfriend who went off him because of his attitude. Ergo, no action, immense emotional stress, pent up aggression, probably lost his job, and went to pastures new- thank God. We should try to be kind, though, as after every anti Wight rant he posts he undoubtedly hates himself and is possibly reaching for the gin and paracetamol. Either that or losing a two o’ clock round of inane video games and sobbing himself to sleep whilst contemplating starting the car in… Read more »

The oracle
The oracle
Reply to  Lady Longdown Dunne-Standing
5 months ago

Bravo. Totally agree. 10 out of 10.

Fanny Craddoc .
Fanny Craddoc .
5 months ago

Reading the comments on here, I could make a fortune selling tin foil hats .

The Truth
The Truth
5 months ago

everyone assuming its tourism to blame, how do you know its not islanders who have come back from Spain? Or been to see family and friends on the mainland and brought it back? You people are jokers, BTW plenty of HW plate cars parked down Ryde Esplanade today too..

Ziggy
Ziggy
Reply to  The Truth
5 months ago

Ah the dreaded HW plates, keep away as they cannot drive responsibly nor even park straight. If you ever travel to the mainland make sure you clear the HW plates before you hit the motorway.

Marcus
Marcus
5 months ago

Can’t believe the idiots writing some of these comments. It’s 5 cases over 2 weeks? It’s not exactly a huge number that’s jumped in a day or two. Most likely caught it from being in a pub or restaurant and passed on by a visitor.

Ed Down
Ed Down
Reply to  Marcus
5 months ago

I’ve seen enough zombie films to know this is an issue

no freeloaders
no freeloaders
Reply to  Marcus
5 months ago

all those that want draconian lockdowns are clearly in one of the following categories…   on benefits and don’t work – income unaffected by lockdown in a public sector job that doesn’t face closing due to a loss of revenue, as it is publicly funded by the taxpayer retired and on state pension/private pension and/or other benefits. wealthy enough not to need to work   It doesn’t surprise me that all the above are happy to see the private sector demolished, all those employed by it, impoverished and misery piled upon misery for them as well, because their money and… Read more »

CLIVE COUTER
CLIVE COUTER
Reply to  Marcus
5 months ago

I agree, it’s a balancing act between safety and economy and 5 cases esp with tourists does not strike me as a high number, chances are they will all recover god willing.. as far as beaches etc go there is low chance of passing anything outdoors, it is indoors where highest risk lies.. All those who are advocating a complete shutdown of island, they do not really live in the real world.. got a letter today dear saying our pension will not be paid for 6 months,.. that’s ok dear, we’ve got a few carrots growing near the shed, we… Read more »

Last edited 5 months ago by CLIVE COUTER
Sweet
Sweet
5 months ago

I think in all fairness to everyone it could well be a mixture of islanders & tourists. it’s shocking though they are not wearing masks in hotels that is selfish behaviour. But as I said before on here I worked all the way thru the crisis & even in the beginning people weren’t social distancing or wearing masks & I saw many groups congregating in town. Where I work we stagger the amount of people we let in for everyone’s safety but people get impatient & rude like we’re doing it on purpose purely to annoy them!

Sweet
Sweet
5 months ago

In addition in currently walking with a crutch which is clearly visible but people do not want to social distance or give way so it’s me crossing over or walking in the road which I find a little upsetting when they see I have difficulty!

Garry
Garry
5 months ago

Soomeone should check out the esplanade at Seaview especially at weekends rammed with drinkers wheras the yacht club is taking correct precautions and is not

Jimjam56
Jimjam56
5 months ago

People have very quickly forgotten the seriousness of the situation at large globally. The evidence is all around us – this virus is not just going to disappear without at least some effort in our part. People should put their human rights rants aside and take life into their own hands and make a decision to act responsibly and stay safe and keep others safe. It’s common sense, nobody is trying to pull any wool over their eyes, this is real and they should get and stay real too. It’s not difficult to understand.
Sadly ignorance is bliss.

Nigel
Nigel
5 months ago

Not good news, hoping to visit here in September, already going to hire a car and keep of public transport, but still hoping to eat out where and when allowed.

Susan Jones
Susan Jones
5 months ago

I’m a tourist from a part of the UK that has a lower rate of Covid than the IOW so I’m keep myself safe by socially distancing carefully and am not staying in a hotel or using public transport. Many people living on the island seem to work in Portsmouth and Southampton. Are you going to lock them out or in? Lots of seaside towns are being flooded with people with nowhere else to go. Covid rates aren’t high and whilst it stays that way, you need to make as much money as you can whilst staying as safe as… Read more »

No name
No name
5 months ago

So everyone is presuming it’s the tourists bringing it over, could be but islanders also do leave the island so potentially they could have traveled to the mainland or abroad and bought it back.

Dave
Dave
5 months ago

I think it would be better for Tourist Board to take photos of the beaches each day the people leave, to show off all the rubbish that is left behind ! Advertise that !.. Filthy ignorant people. no regard for others .

Me me
Me me

Second home owners

Richard
Richard
5 months ago

Oh well look at it this way.
The virus will be around for a long time because stupid people don’t take precautions.
But at the same time at the end of it the population will have had a major culling. The majority of the dead from the later part of the pandemic will be the selfish, ignorant, stupid and frankly the sort of people this world can do with out.

Last edited 5 months ago by Richard
Hannah Partridge
Hannah Partridge
5 months ago

We all carry on normal I hope so

5 months ago

It does seem a bit of a coincidence that the figures are going up now the tourists are coming. Like I said before, take everyone’s temperature before they board the ferry – whether they be tourists or islanders. I really don’t see why they can’t or won’t do it.