This is your round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
Monday 30th November – Friday 4th December 2020
• Jason John Luciano Andrew, 23, of Silver Trees in Shanklin, was handed a restraining order and made subject to a tag curfew for criminal damage. He was ordered to pay costs of £150 with a £95 surcharge. A separate charge of possession of a Class B drug (cannabis) was also put before the courts.
• Matthew Brown, 37, of Waterers Rise in Knaphill, Woking, pleaded guilty to driving whilst disqualified, driving without insurance. He was further disqualified for 3 months and ordered to carry out 120 hours of unpaid work and pay costs of £85 with a £95 surcharge.
• Scott George Parker, 18, of Whitepit Lane in Newport, was given a 12 month conditional discharge for being drunk and disorderly. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £22 surcharge.
• Jack McLoughlin, 37, of Carisbrooke Road, admitted drink driving (96). He was disqualified from driving for 24 months, told to carry out 120 hours of unpaid work and pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Liam Gulliver, 32, of Hale Common in Arreton, pleaded guilty to drink driving (93) and possession of an offensive weapon. He was disqualified from driving for 23 months, ordered to complete 80 hours unpaid work and pay costs of £85 with a £95 surcharge.
• Toby Charles Archie Marsh, 25, of Nodgham Lane in Newport, pleaded guilty to drug driving (cannabis) and driving otherwise in accordance to a licence. He was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £236 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• David Alexander Twiddy, 32, of Rooke Street in Newport, admitted drink driving (54), driving without insurance, driving without an MOT and driving whilst disqualified. He was disqualified from driving for 36 months and ordered to complete 80 hours of unpaid work with £85 costs and a £95 surcharge.