Since 2006, Ed Evans of Eternity Glass Memorials, which is based at Glory Art Glass has been making the unique pieces at his studio at 22 Melville Street.
Visitors to Mountbatten’s next Death Chat, between 18:00 and 19:30 on Monday 2nd September 2019, will be invited to the studio to learn more about the creative process.
If you would like to attend, book a place (before Friday 23rd August) by phoning Sarah Grant on 01983 217309. Places are limited and booking is essential.
Death Chats are an opportunity to meet and talk with others about death and dying. The relaxed and informal sessions are facilitated by an experienced member of staff, so that any question or discussion can be held in a supportive environment.
The monthly programme for the rest of the year is as follows:
• Monday 7th October, John Cheverton Centre, 18:00-19:30 – What is the role of the registrar?
• Monday 4th November, John Cheverton Centre, 18:00-19:30 – Film and reflection
• Monday 2nd December, John Cheverton Centre, 18:00-19:30 – What is the role of the funeral director?
Additionally, Death Chats are held in Mountbatten’s shops in Ventnor and Shanklin, as follows:
• Third Monday of the month, Mountbatten Ventnor, 15:00-16:00.
• Fourth Monday of the month, Mountbatten Shanklin, 15:00-16:00