Wholetime and retained firefighters from Ryde are tackling an outbuilding fire at an address in the town this lunchtime (Monday).
2 appliances are currently on scene at Pelhurst Road, where a hose reel is being utilised to extinguish what is being described as an outbuilding fire.
The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service were alerted to the incident at around midday.
2 firefighters wearing breathing apparatus have been committed and Positive Pressure Ventilation is being used to rid the property of smoke.
No one is thought to have been injured.
UPDATE @ 13:20 – It has been confirmed that the fire was caused by a tumble dryer connected to an extension lead.
Fire crews have now stood down from the incident.