NEW POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONER WANTS TO ‘REMOVE RED TAPE’ AS SHE TAKES UP OFFICE

Meeting the Chief Constable and getting out into the community have been the first actions of new Police and Crime Commissioner, Donna Jones, who has now officially taken up office.

In order to fulfill the role, the incoming Police and Crime Commissioner must swear an Oath of Office, declaring that they will act with integrity and diligence and give a voice to the public. On the morning of 13th May 2021, Donna made her Declaration of Acceptance of Office, allowing her to formally exercise her duties as Police and Crime Commissioner.

On taking the Oath Donna Jones said:

“I feel incredibly humbled by the support I have been shown across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight; I am proud to be the first woman holding the role in this area, and with a track record of delivering in public office I will make sure I deliver on the pledges I made during my campaign and those I have undertaken today in signing the Oath.”

After taking the Oath, the Commissioner walked through part of Winchester with the Chief Constable, Olivia Pinkney. The Chief Constable and Commissioner then had their first meeting.

Reflecting on the meeting, Donna Jones said:

“Over the last year I have been listening to our communities and today, as my first action, I put the key concerns that were raised with me to the Chief Constable.

“People have told me that they don’t feel as safe as they used to, that they want to see more police officers and that when they do report crime they would like feedback. I went through my proposals to tackle these with the Chief Constable.

“I outlined that my priorities will be recruiting 600 more police officers, removing red tape and bureaucracy so officers can spend more time on patrol and a review of 101 and 999 service so when people do report a crime they get feedback.

“It was a positive first meeting and I look forward to working with the Chief Constable and her team to bring crime down and make Hampshire and the Isle of Wight some of safest places to live.”

Chief Constable Olivia Pinkney said:

“On behalf of all of my officers, staff, and volunteers, I’d like to welcome Donna Jones as the new Police and Crime Commissioner who will continue to give a voice to the public to ensure the safety of our communities and effective criminal justice in Hampshire and on the Isle of Wight.

“I look forward to working with the new Commissioner on topics that she has already highlighted during her campaign, such as the recruitment of new officers into the Constabulary, reducing violence, and continuing to support young people so that they do not become involved in the criminal justice system at an early age.”

Paul
Paul

They probably spent most of their time together laughing hysterically about the obscene amount of money each of them will be paid for doing absolutely nothing of value to anyone

Bryan
Bryan
Reply to  Paul

Look up the amount the chief constable is paid and how many substantial rises she has received over the last 4 years and it will make most people beyond angry – it is a huge bureaucrat gravy train and another one with ‘a track record of delivery in the public sector’ is joining the first class carriage

Magnifico
Magnifico
Reply to  Bryan

More than the Prime Minister is paid.
Donna Jones should be able to buy a few more pies with her £86,700 plus expenses salary.

M c hammer
M c hammer
Reply to  Paul
30 days ago

I don’t mean to be negative, but it is a fact that women only use the left side of there brain,are we sure we want more women in power just to tick a few More boxes to satisfy the liberal elite, I think not! But I must admit that they do look the buissnes in uniform x

Reg Dennis
Reg Dennis

Whilst sounding good i am willing to bet all these wonderful improvements will result in one definite thing only and that is the police precept will rise by another large amount next year.

Chris
Chris

Is she even aware of the Isle of Wight?

Ally
Ally
Reply to  Chris

She may have heard of the famous Mottistone cream teas, other than that, probably not.

Despondant
Despondant

Its new judges we need, they can have all police on streets they want and make more arrests but then go to court and get let off . Build more prisons and get these vermin off our streets or better still bring back death sentence and get rid of some!

isle of wighter
isle of wighter

Police and Crime Commissioner who will continue to give a voice to the public
……….

Well Donna – listen up and speak our words as is your job – your own personal opinion is not needed

I will make it simple…”lock up the deadbeat losers in our society, send officers round to homes that have been burgled with the same speed that you do for traffic offences and stop pandering to cancel cultured, woke idiots”

We want officers on the beat, removing drunks and sc umbags from the towns, we want officers who respond to shoplifting crimes and we do not want to see officers hiding in the station, spending all day recording alleged speech crime

Andreia Santo
Andreia Santo
30 days ago

We need better law and safety systems indeed. Integrity, transparency a diligence. ❤️

Sunshine
Sunshine
30 days ago

Give the woman a chance. In today’s society with all the mindless morons breaking the law, there is a hell of a lot of challenges ahead of her. Let’s wait and see. I hope she makes a difference. It’s the judges we should all be concerned about, they don’t hand out punishment that fits the crime!