ORGANISERS have this afternoon confirmed that the 4th Midsummer Jazz is going ahead tomorrow, despite the recent bad weather.
A spokesperson for the event said: “We’re watching the weather and it looks as though we’ll be good for another great Midsummer Jazz on Saturday evening. Ground conditions are OK but we suggest taking a picnic rug, groundsheet, or deckchairs … and perhaps an extra jumper! The area available for gazebos is being extended if you wish to take one along.
“Hot food and drink will be available all evening from the Refreshment Bar and the BBQ, and the Jazz Bar will be open”.
For 2012, The Isle of Wight Steam Railway is proud to present this sensational open-air festival of jazz and swing featuring the sparkling Alan Barnes All-Star Jazz Band, the ‘intrepid & gallant’ Temperance 7 and and the Island’s good-time Unity Stompers
Now firmly established as the Island’s big summer jazz party event, make this a night to remember … Enjoy a special evening of superb music in the beautiful setting of our natural tree-lined arena, while you and your family, friends and colleagues enjoy a picnic under the stars!
• Bring your own picnic hamper and drinks
• Space available for gazebos
• Feel free to bring a rug or deckchairs and table … Or if you prefer, dress for the evening and bring your dining table, chairs and candelabra!
• Hot food and drink kiosk and BBQ
• Real Ale Bar and Wine Bar
• FREE Car Parking
• Fully accessible site including disabled toilets
• Take a pre-concert trip on a Steam Train – Full round trips depart at 5pm and 5.30pm
Gates Open – 4.30pm
Music From – 5.30pm to 10.30pm (All timings approximate)
Event Closes – 11.00pm
For full details go to www.midsummerjazz.net