ALL OVER 50S CAN NOW BOOK A COVID-19 VACCINATION

Published:

Islanders aged 50 and above who have not yet had a COVID-19 vaccine are being told to book an appointment straight away, as the vaccination programme progresses ahead of schedule.

The Government previously pledged that all Over 50s would be offered a vaccination before May. However, things have been progressing so well that the milestone has been reached today – 17th March.

Over 70,000 Islanders have now been vaccinated with the first dose of either the Pfizer or Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine. Nationally, over 24million people now have some element of protection, paving the way for the unlocking of the country from 29th March.

Once all of the Over 50s have been vaccinated those aged 40-49 will be invited to make an appointment. People in their 20s are already being vaccinated if they have an underlying health condition, meaning a good cross section of the community is being protected with every passing day.

You can book your COVID-19 vaccination appointment by visiting https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/.

Truth
Truth
2 months ago

Had my jab yesterday, it was very quick but I feel drained of energy and my arms feel like thay have seazed up, along with a bad headache..

But I’m hoping all is well and I will have the second jab..when I receive my oppointment.

Smithy
Smithy
Reply to  Truth
2 months ago

They are all very common side effects from what I’ve been hearing. Got mine Saturday can’t wait. A few hours discomfort is well worth it as opposed to getting COVID and being able to get back to living again!

YIGAF
YIGAF
Reply to  Truth
2 months ago

my wife and myself had the vaccination end of January/start of February. We both had the same symptoms as yourself but within a few days went. Good on you for having it and let’s hope a high percentage of the over 50’s disregard the fear mongering. As far as I’m concerned it’s better to have it then not. Waiting for the second one.

Rebel
Rebel
Reply to  YIGAF
2 months ago

I’m afraid this is way to late to scaremongering as you call it ( I call it people’s opinion) if people want the shot, then so be it. But here’s a question for you! Does your life insurance cover you for serious illness or death, having the fact you have taken an experimental vaccine, and the out come is slightly nerving!? And this vaccine is brand new and generally unknown, no my words , it was on the form when you volunteered to this program.

YIGAF
YIGAF
Reply to  Rebel
2 months ago

Agree that people have a right to their opinion. Here’s a question for you – are you insured for any outcome during and after an operation that everybody willingly sign . Yes this vaccine is new but very successful so far. The flu jab was new in 1941 and people were nervous then. Here we are 80 years later and people in the millions queue up for it. Soon this covid19 jab will possibly be like the flu jab. One thing I’m adamant about is that this Covid jab should not be mandatory- people’s choice. Stay safe we’re not out of the woods yet.

Rebel
Rebel
Reply to  YIGAF
2 months ago

I agree, people should always have a choice,and not be punished for choosing not to have. Now operations have a minor risk, in most operations, and the out come is known. How many people in 1941 died after the flu shot? And how much time spent on human trails before the people were exposed? I bet its longer then this vaccine ? I hope you and everyone that has and are going to have this jab, are fit and well after. Only time will tell.

Micky
Micky
Reply to  Rebel
2 months ago

Have a good read on how technically the vaccine works. See what is exactly in the vaccine. See how if affects certain people worse than others. All of information is there to read then you will see that your constant anti-vax messages are based on your own agenda and paranoia. I bet you love people like Yeadon, Icke and watch lots of videos on Bitchute.

Rebel
Rebel
Reply to  Micky
2 months ago

I am not anti vax, just anti stupid. As I have said before, if I am wrong and I hope I’m wrong, I shall be the first to say so. I’m glad yigaf your arm never fell off, as far as DNA change? Well that takes time. So people, see you end of the year, and we can carry on with our debate. Until then tc.

Micky
Micky
Reply to  Rebel
2 months ago

No DNA change.. who is stupid?

YIGAF
YIGAF
Reply to  Rebel
2 months ago

Nearly 7 weeks since my wife and myself had the first jab. As stated by quite a few people we both had a sore arm,tiredness and a headache but 3 days later all’s well. I know many people local and island and mainland that are the same. Our arm didn’t fall off, our dna didn’t change,no signs of secret micro chips in our body. It’s been a scary moment in time but I reiterate I’d rather have a jab than risk catching Covid .

Truth
Truth
Reply to  Rebel
2 months ago

Covid19 has and still is more of a threat than the vaccine, your right it is a people’s choice, however, people in their millions have chosen and its a massive success.

Onwards and upwards…

Rebel
Rebel
Reply to  Truth
2 months ago

Sorry my reply must of hit the truth button, it never got posted. Oh well,we will have to wait wont we. Tc

Jim Britton
Jim Britton
Reply to  Rebel
2 months ago

“…..Does your life insurance cover you for serious illness or death, having the fact you have taken an experimental vaccine…”

And here is a question for you.
Does your life insurance cover you if you die from COVID after refusing to have a vaccine?

Terry
Terry
Reply to  Truth
2 months ago

Had mine in February, with similar side effects, paracetamol helps, and it passes in a couple of days, hope that helps.

Theresa Davies
Theresa Davies
2 months ago

Had mine Monday . Up near Tesco. Very well run and people got jabbed very quickly. Didn’t feel a thing! Just got a soar arm!

Two Veggies
Two Veggies
2 months ago

I have to say that the efficiency of getting the covid jab was unbelievable. In and out in no time and pain free. Yes, the next day you have this strange weakness and a hurty arm. But day two your back to your old self as though nothing has happened. Well done NHS IOW for getting it right.