1 appliance from Ryde was mobilised to Station Road at around 17:00 when black smoke started billowing out of the chimney of a semi-detached property.
The first crew on scene soon requested a second appliance from Sandown to attend the incident, which has now been followed by an aerial ladder platform from Ryde.
A cordon has been established as firefighters use the aerial ladder platform to inspect the chimney from above, carefully negotiating electricity cables as they go.
Station Road is closed to traffic and pedestrians at this time, meaning there is no vehicle access to Brading Train Station.
Most chimney fires are preventable. Regular inspection and cleaning of chimney flues will help prevent fires within your chimney. For more information visit https://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/keeping-safe/loveyourhome/firehazards/chimney/.