MP SENDS BEST WISHES TO OUR PRIME MINISTER AS HE IS ADMITTED TO INTENSIVE CARE

Published at:

Isle of Wight MP Bob Seely has issued a statement following tonight’s news (Monday) that Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been admitted to Intensive Care.

Boris went into hospital last night as a precautionary measure after fighting coronavirus for the past 10 days.

In a shocking development, it has been announced that Mr Johnson has been moved to an Intensive Care Unit at St Thomas’ Hospital, although he is not thought to be on a ventilator.

Dominic Rabb is deputising for the Prime Minister.

Bob Seely has said:

“There are thousands of people in intensive care up and down the country. Sadly, that now includes the Prime Minister, Boris Johnson. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Boris for the last three years and I hope very much that he makes a speedy and thorough recovery. I know he is in the best of hands.

“I thank all the medical staff throughout Britain for the work that they do saving peoples’ lives. That now includes the Prime Minister’s”.

All very sad
All very sad
9 months ago

That’s unusual everyone else just gets an auto reply, but then this mp is a good pole climber.

Tim C
Tim C
9 months ago

Wishing a speedy recovery not only to the prime minister but to all affected by this terrible disease. Get well soon.

wednesday16
wednesday16
9 months ago

This is such heart-breaking news. Of course it goes without saying that on any human level to know that someone has become so ill is just devastating but to have our new Prime Minister who is a man of such upbeat,optimistic personality and has endeavoured so very hard to keep all our spirits up whilst this evil virus invades us all,this is just the saddest news. Politics are irrelevant when it comes to a situation such as this and my whole heart goes out to Boris and everyone who loves him…not to mention a new baby on the way. No… Read more »

Clare
Clare
Reply to  wednesday16
9 months ago

Well said and articulated, what ever our political views are, I’m sure everyone wish Boris and his loved ones all the best.

We must all remember his message and do just that, Stay in doors, and protect our wonderful NHS…

wednesday16
wednesday16
Reply to  Clare
9 months ago

Thank you very much both of you,Clare and Tricia for your kind comments…

Waking every morning is like being in a true-life horror/sci-fi film right now but one day it really will be okay again and all of us will be so much more appreciative of all that we ever took for granted before 2020 began.

Tricia
Tricia
Reply to  wednesday16
9 months ago

Very well said. We all wish you a speedy recovery Boris.

Knighton
Knighton
9 months ago

Let’s hope that Boris makes a speedy and full recovery.

Such a refreshing change from the polished smarmy suit type of MP we are used to. With a baby to look forward to I am sure he will find the strength to fight this vile virus off. The freedom of Britain is at risk if he doesn’t.

Knighton
Knighton
9 months ago

For those STILL in denial, through perhaps fear, or just being dim, remember that Boris is only 55, and would have had the best medical treatment available. The link explains the process of being ventilated and is not pleasant: https://www.itv.com/news/2020-04-07/pm-very-likely-to-need-ventilator-professor-says/ Remember that even ‘when’ over CV, life changing damage can have occurred, NOT saying this to worry people but in the hope that the denial and dim will respect the Gov advice and keep their distance from others whether in their homes or out of such. It could so easily be someone you care about, and for those in love… Read more »

worried
worried
Reply to  Knighton
9 months ago

On Radio 4’s Inside Health programme a few weeks back, they talked about a procedure which I think used the continuous air pressure technique, or something similar to that, and they said on the programme that this had given much better results and was far less invasive and traumatic and so if that is the case, why aren’t they using this method more? They explained that some people don’t do well on ventilators and it would not be something they would want to use for everyone and had much better results with this. Sorry I do not know that much… Read more »

Golly
Golly

Get well soon Boris!

jon choo
jon choo
9 months ago

Does anyone know the Influenza (corona virus) statistics for the current season from the start. It would be interesting to know how it was developing prior to the covid19 introduction.

mr justice
mr justice
9 months ago

This is a bit like one of those movies, you know ,hunger games, where everything you do when in power is used to the maximum effect. I’m not saying Boris isn’t ill, but what great PR. We can all feel like we know Boris as a friend. And what do we do with friends? Trust them that’s right. So when Boris extends the lockdown and maybe tighten it a bit more, everybody won’t begin to be a little fed up,because Boris is our mate so that’s fine. Cynical?yes , Blind? Definitely not. Watching with interest. Oh, and hope you get… Read more »

Theresa Davies
Theresa Davies
9 months ago

I’ve just read Paris has banned outdoor exercises for between 10am and 7pm because like some of us some of them wouldn’t stick to the rules! Maybe our government should do the same

Stay at home
Stay at home
Reply to  Theresa Davies
9 months ago

I waited until after dark again yesterday before walking round the block for a bit of exercise after being cooped up in my small bedroom all day, and I couldn’t believe the amount of people everywhere. A group of four all close together coming towards me and stopped huddled around each other all looking at something one of them was holding, there was no room on the pavement to get past them and maintain the 6ft distance, the pavement itself is probably less than that across if measured, I wasn’t going to go up and say excuse me , (not… Read more »

Knighton
Knighton
Reply to  Theresa Davies
9 months ago

What difference is there is sitting in a tiny garden, with neighbours only a few foot away, so close you can smell their smoke, or you being out in the open, then able to avoid anyone you see approaching? Fine IF you have acres of ground to self isolate, try squeezing between the wheely bin and food container, whilst the bored, adhd joey child shouts and throws toys around, and the parent smokes dope to ‘ease’ their troubled life in case they one day, one or both of them have to work for a living, or pay their own rent… Read more »

Stay at home
Stay at home
Reply to  Knighton
9 months ago

I have scummy neighbours too, and not even a garden I can sit out in if i wanted to, can’t even sit outside anywhere now thanks to what the scummy neighbours all around have done. I have to smell cigarette smoke and cannabis in my house from the lowlife next door, and BBQ fumes, and chimney smoke from others around, and other people next door facing my front door have recently had a vent put on the side of their house which sends emissions noisily out straight towards me. I don’t drive so cannot escape out into the countryside, and… Read more »

worried
worried
9 months ago

Get well soon, Boris. The country needs you.

Hoping his girlfriend is improving too, I hear she has this virus also.

Mr justice
Mr justice
9 months ago

Honestly, some of the comments I’ve read over the last 4 days are just mind boggling! From road blocks,to forced vaccination. When all this is over,and it wont be for months, the amount of freedom and civil rights you have all agreed with to just give them all away, because your all panicking! LOOK AT CHINA , that’s where we are heading. The new powers the police have,will be staying. Good old boris ( your friendly politician) has already said those laws many stay up to 2 years! Why? Because after 2 years they will be the norm and the… Read more »

All very sad
All very sad
Reply to  Mr justice
9 months ago

To Mr justice..couldn’t agree more, I’m hoping the silent majority will kick back against any loss of civil liberties. I’m sure the sheep can be contained on the IOW

So sad about so much.
So sad about so much.
Reply to  All very sad
9 months ago

The trouble is though that the worse people are, the more they get away with nowadays, so perhaps a little bit more loss of freedom for those types wouldn’t be such a bad thing, Law abiding people shouldn’t have to worry too much surely?

All very sad
All very sad
Reply to  So sad about so much.
9 months ago

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear hmm, I’ve heard that somewhere before!

Dan Skelton
Dan Skelton
9 months ago

Why does everyone suddenly care about someone who doesn’t care about you?

Sarah
Sarah
9 months ago

While I sympathise with Boris Johnson and wish him a speedy recovery from Corona virus, have the government forgotten the very vulnerable self isolating people who received NHS letters telling them to do so for 12 weeks and promised food parcels if they didn’t have anyone to do their shopping? Both my husband and are are in this group and have no relatives friends or neighbours we could ask to do this. We had to register and telephoned the dedicated government hotline and was answered by an automated message who said that our NHS numbers weren’t recognised! There was no… Read more »

Mark
Mark
Reply to  Sarah
9 months ago

Ring 01983 823600 Isle of Wight Covid 19 helpline. A volunteer will get your shopping for you

Mr justice
Mr justice
9 months ago

It’s strange isn’t it,that before this virus,the government didnt really care to much about the elderly did they . Remember tv licensing, bus travel, winter heating payments,and so on. Now because of the agenda behind this virus,they care so much for the elderly that they are making us all lock down. I cant believe people still dont see this. Oh well, watching with interest.

So sad about so much.
So sad about so much.
Reply to  Mr justice
9 months ago

You mean the sort of thing that David Icke has been saying?

mr justice
mr justice
Reply to  So sad about so much.
9 months ago

This is 2nd time I’ve tried to post this. So sat out so much. David icke seems sometimes he’s off the planet, but just imagine if David had a bigger following then he has, and didn’t seem to the majority he’s crazy( that’s changing about the following) he would cease to exist. Malcome x, jfk, monroe, etc all were silenced. A threat to the establishment . So David isn’t stupid is he,only people that believe the smoke screen.watching with interest

mr justice
mr justice
9 months ago

Well it’s the truth! So sad about so much. People don’t like to hear the truth,they would rather ignore it or even try to discredit it. But as you and I learnt from our mums growing up, the truth always comes out in the end.

So sad about so much.
So sad about so much.
Reply to  mr justice
9 months ago

David makes a lot of sense but the thing about the Royal family being 10ft shape shifting lizards is what loses it for me. A lot of what else he says sounds plausible though I hadn’t heard anything he’s said for a long time until this thing on Youtube blew up the other day, and again I don’t know what he said, only what I heard on news reports. I think a lot of people are asking questions, Boris told us that for most people who got the virus, they probably wouldn’t even know they had it, and he had… Read more »

Mr justice
Mr justice
Reply to  So sad about so much.
9 months ago

Just think,if david icke didnt make himself seem a bit off planet, and had a bigger following then he has,then maybe he would be a threat to the establishment. A bit like, malcolm x ,JFK, .marilyn monroe, etc etc. David would cease to exist. So please beare that in mind when you listen to him.