Following the news of a Freshwater woman’s anguish, further residents have come forward with their concerns over the Ryde Village development delays.
As previously reported by Island Echo last Friday, a 66-year-old women Lesley Bridges from Freshwater has been forced to sofa surf due to ongoing delays with the Ryde Village development.
A 71-year-old women, Rachel Wells states that she was told the exact same as Lesley Bridges regarding completion dates. She sold her property in February and moved out at the beginning of August. She is currently living in a rental and paying £800 per month, with still no confirmed moving date in sight.
Rachel has already paid £550 in moving costs and will have to pay a similar amount when she eventually moves to Ryde village. Residents are disappointed that no compensation has been offered and no apologies have been made.
Rachel Wells got in touch with Island Echo to say:
“No-one seems to know when we will be able to exchange/complete, I get different dates from whoever I speak to. It is all very upsetting and I feel extremely vulnerable, this isn’t what I expected to be doing at 71 years old. Lesley has my sympathies, I understand what she is feeling. I assume there are others in the same situation.”
70-year-old Yvonne North was supposed to move in to Ryde Village apartment in March, however she is also amongst the many waiting to hear when they are able to move into their new homes.
Yvonne says:
“It looks like I will be homeless as well at the end of October if I can’t move in. It’s been a shambles. All the Tennent’s are either pensioners or disabled in some way and it’s not a nice way to treat vulnerable people”.
Other have commented:
“We are also waiting to get into Ryde Village. The remark by the builder is a new one to me. We were told its contracts between housing associations that was the hold up. Also told lies about the parking bays not allocated as stated when we put down the deposit. Also can’t use our lofts for storage. We also had sold and will have spent nearly £10,000 on rent and storage. Everyone now in a position were they have no choice. Shame we were not told the truth right from the start. Shambles is an understatement.
“I know a couple that have been forced into rented accommodation by this fiasco. The buildings are ready. Just paperwork. All the paperwork could have been done during the lock down. Seems to me they took a 3 month holiday paid by the government instead of working from home.”






















































































This is totally out of reason. This looks the same scenario as The Carlauren group that scammed people out of thousands. Get your act together and investigate.
Who is the main contractor ??
Stoneham Consturction for Southern Housing Group. But IW Council is also in there, so what can one expect?
Stoneham’s latest accounts make interesting reading – you can see how they might be struggling to complete a major project.
Go more into the other companies within companies.
😉