This is your round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
Monday 23rd November – Friday 27th October 2020
• Robert Alain Church, 32, of Steephill Road, Shanklin admitted breaching the community requirement of a suspended sentence for assaulting a Police constable and criminal damage. The suspended sentence was changed to 20 weeks, suspended for 20 months, with 20 months of supervision. He must also pay £60 costs.
• Josh Courtney, 28, of HMP Isle of Wight (Parkhurst), was given a 6 month prison sentence for 3 offences of assaulting a prison officer with bodily fluids, saliva and urine.
• Shaun Lee Snow, 38, of Station Avenue in Sandown, was given a 12 month conditional discharge for possession of Class B AND Class C drugS. He was ordered to pay £22 surcharge. The cannabis, diazepam and xanax has been forfeited.
• Kyle Sam Smith, 34 of Bellecroft Drive in Newport, pleaded guilty to sending an electronic communication – namely a voice message – that was grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character. He was made subject to a community order to complete 80 hours of unpaid work with 32 rehabilitation days attached. He must also pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Danny Burnett, 58, of Wellesley Way in Newport, admitted assaulting an emergency worker x2, assault by beating, causing harassment/alarm or distress and causing a nuisance or disturbance to a National Health Service staff member. He was given a 14 week custodial sentence.
• Jody Alyn Hayles, 43, of Rew Street in Gurnard, was fined £120 for possession of Xanax – a Class C drug. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge. The Xanax was forfeited. He also pleaded guilty to causing harassment, alarm or distress, for which there was no separate penalty.
• Shaina Louise Collyer, 29, of Station Avenue in Sandown, was fined £40 and made subject to a community order with 20 rehabilitation days for using threatening/abusive/insulting words or heaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress. The court found the offence was racially aggravated. She was also told to pay costs of £85 with a £95 surcharge.
• Terry McGee, 51, of Verbena Close in West Drayton, Middlesex, was handed a 3 month prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, for possession of a kitchen knife at Landguard Road, Shanklin. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £128 surcharge. He must also carry out 120 hours of unpaid work.