Those on the Isle of Wight who have previously turned down the COVID-19 vaccine will be asked again, in case they have changed their mind.
On the Island, the latest figures show 93% of the over-65 population have received their first dose.
Not everyone, however, has decided to take up their opportunity, although managing director of the Isle of Wight Clinical Commissioning Group, Alison Smith, has said there are very few people who have refused the jab.
Speaking at a meeting of the Isle of Wight Council’s policy and scrutiny committee for health and social care, on Monday, Ms Smith confirmed the Island will have a system to contact everyone who has not had the vaccine, whether they fell through the cracks and were missed first time round or to see if they had changed their mind after they turned it down.
“We will suggest we have some people to ring the very few who have declined to give them another opportunity to pick up the vaccine.”
The scheme has not started yet but Ms Smith said she is sure it will be able to get those very few people who initially declined to say yes.
Previously, public health officials have been encouraging everyone eligible to have their vaccine as it not only protects themselves but those around them.
So far on the Island, 57,880 doses of COVID vaccines have been given out as more cohorts become eligible.