As first reported by Island Echo, emergency services rushed to an address on High Street, Godshill shortly before 15:30. It is here that a male was found with serious burns, which prompted a response from the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance.
It has been confirmed to Island Echo that the local gentleman came into contact with electricity cable in the back garden of the former Toy Museum. He has sustained serious but non life-threatening injuries.
The main road through the village was closed in both directions whilst paramedics, fire crews and Police dealt with the situation, but it has since re-opened.
Doctors on board the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance are preparing to take off from Godshill to fly the casualty to a Salisbury District Hospital for specialist burns treatment.
Engineers from Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks are on scene and are working to make the area safe. Power outages in the area can be expected whilst repairs are made.
Rumours of a gas explosion have been ruled out by Police.
Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.