The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service received a call to reports of a chimney fire in Freshwater this evening (Monday).
Having received the 999 call, one fire appliance from Freshwater Fire Station were called to the residential address on Church Place, opposite The Red Lion public house.
A stirrup pump and a hose reel were used to extinguish the fire and a Positive Pressure Ventilation (PPV) fan to rid the property of smoke.
Fire safety advice was given to the residents by the retained fire crew.
Freshwater Fire Station wanted to thank The Red Lion for providing tea and coffee for the crew.
They have now stood down from the incident and have returned to their home station.
You can find information and advice on chimney fire safety on the Isle of Wight Council Website at https://www.iow.gov.uk/…/Home-Fire-Safety-Advi…/In-the-Home2