Featured on Alexa/Google Assist Latest News

3 KILLED AND 76 INJURED ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT’S ROADS IN 2017

(Exercise)

79 people were killed or seriously injured on the Island’s roads in 2017, according to the latest figures released by the Department for Transport.

The hard-hitting statistics look at all incidents in which someone was killed or seriously injured (KSI) when either driving, riding, cycling or even walking on the Isle of Wight road network.

Although Island Echo’s reports of road traffic collisions involving cars seems to be a daily occurrence, the data released shows that just 37% of those KSI on our roads were in a car or other vehicle at the time of the collision.

Article continues below this advertisement

28 motorcyclists were conveyed to hospital following a crash in 2017, making up 35% of the total number of causalities. 12 cyclists (15%) were also injured, meaning 2-wheeled incidents accounted for 50% of KSI-rated crashes locally last year.

10 pedestrians were also injured – 12% of the 79 casualty figure.

Tragically, 3 lives were lost on the Island’s roads during 2017 and 6 children were injured.

Comment on this story

/* ]]> */