Dr Judith Moore receives her vaccination

THIRD COVID JAB ON THE WAY FOR THE ISLAND’S MOST VULNERABLE

A COVID booster programme will be rolled out on the Isle of Wight in the next few months, which will see everyone over 70 offered a third jab.

The third jab will be given to those in the top 4 priority cohorts, who were vaccinated first during the initial COVID vaccine rollout. As well as those over the age of 70, it includes those in care homes for older adults as well as their carers, the clinically extremely vulnerable and frontline health & social care workers.

Starting in September, people will receive another dose of the vaccine they had before — either the Pfizer BioNtech or Oxford Astra Zeneca.

It is possible flu vaccinations will be given at the same time, as part of the annual winter programme, although NHS England and NHS Improvement has not yet confirmed this.

Speaking at the Isle of Wight Council’s Health and Wellbeing Board on Thursday, Dr Michele Legg, the NHS Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight Clinical Commissioning Groups’ clinical director for the Island, said further guidance would be given over the summer but they were engaging with colleagues in primary care and pharmacies.

Latest figures show 104,986 Islanders have had their first dose of the COVID vaccine — 71.2% of the Island’s population or 88.9 % of the 18+ adult population.

More than 90,400 people have had both doses, 61.3% of the population or 76.7% of those aged over 18.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Great idea, but let’s not forget there are still total idiots who refuse to have even one jab still around…..

Sunshine
Sunshine
Reply to  Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Yes your right. These people are ignorant to what COVID can do. The elderly need this jab to keep them protected. I just feel sorry for people who are unable to have the vaccine for medical reasons.

fred
fred
Reply to  Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Some who have not had the jabs may have some very good reasons. Calling them idiots is not helpful. Some are allergic to the medium used to hold the vaccine. Others may have had a poor reaction to previous flu jabs and have developed a phobia. The power of phobia’s should not be underestimated. Also we should not be forcing people to take the jab, education is the way to make the people who can have the jab to see the error of their ways.

LFC-HRC-77-HTTL-981-TIT
LFC-HRC-77-HTTL-981-TIT
Reply to  Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Every comment you put makes you look like an utter idiot. There is zero point in having this “vaccine” firstly, it’s completely untested and rushed out. Secondly, it doesn’t stop you getting “the virus” and thirdly it doesn’t prevent you spreading “the virus”. Just because you’re stupid enough to swallow all the propaganda the media has thrown at you doesn’t give you the right to criticise those who can see the BS.

fred
fred

Excellent, i’ll be having some of that. Jab me up with everything. 🙂

Rob C
Rob C

Need mine now, my covid passport expires tomorrow, just as I was looking forward to clubbing at the Darby and Joan club

Merp
Merp
Reply to  Rob C

The Darby and Joan club used to rock it out every week at the Vectis Hall when i was young.

Confused
Confused

Basically turning old people into pincushions. After hearing what Dr Mercola has to say, I feel very confused about everything. Don’t know what, or who, to believe any more.

Rob C
Rob C
Reply to  Confused

I’m not worried about being a pincushion. Born before the NHS was started. we muddled through and attended our friends and cousins funerals quite often until we were jabbed for measles. polio. diptheria etc. when the NHS gave them away free. Since then jabbed for everything, even things we had never heard of when serving Queen and country. I still line up every year for the flu jab, so one more now, am I bothered. Guess what, I’m still here. You can get your jab for the anti-bodies, but Boris has opened everything up anyway to make it easier to catch your own antibodies. All the old pincushions are safe the rest of you can take your chance

Confused
Confused
Reply to  Rob C

I’m old too, but like I said, I’ve heard what Dr Mercola has to say,, (not exactly young himself) and I feel so confused and anxious by it all, and so much conflicting evidence and views. And what about people who have very good medical reasons for why they can’t have the jabs, how are they supposed to protect themselves from other people when they have to go and shop when no one else to do it? How are they keeping themselves safe? I’d just like to hear what those people are doing.

John
John
Reply to  Confused

Very true.
One minute they were telling us not to wear masks, then they were forcing people to wear them or you could not go into shops.
This Pandemic as been badly run from the start.

JHVF
JHVF

Basically good news, BUT why persevere with the Oxford Astra Zenaca which according to the National Statistics Office only gives 67% protection against the Delta variant compared to the Pfizer’s 88%. This could explain why there are quite a few ‘double jabbed’ people in hospital with Covid

Mick
Mick

I thought the second jab was the booster? So I guess this is the booster for the booster and I hear there is already talk of a 4th as the booster for the booster of the booster.

Boris
Boris
Reply to  Mick

We need our jabs and the more the better, we can not win the war against all these viruses without being jabbed and we must get jabbed. I will gladly be jabbed every day to save me. Bill Gates is my hero and thanks to him we are now safe.

Jobsy
Jobsy

Islands most vulnerable? Or Islands most brainwashed? Old people don’t have to be stupid. Time to stop watching the BBC and use your own brain to know what is happening.

Mick
Mick
Reply to  Jobsy

Good point, I noticed the righteous these days are always the ones that spend half hour watching the BBC each evening, and more than scary how that is their only programming. I am clearly getting old as I remember the days when it was even thought of as a good thing to think for yourself.