STIRRUP PUMP USED TO EXTINGUISH SMALL CHIMNEY FIRE IN COWES

Published at:

Firefighters have used a stirrup pump and rods to extinguish a small fire in a chimney at a property in Cowes this evening (Friday).

1 appliance was Newport was mobilised to an address on Place Road at 18:10.

It was discovered that a fire had broke out in the lower section of the chimney stack, which was tackled using the specialist equipment.

Article continues below this advertisement

The wholetime crew from Blue Watch gave the occupants safety advice. Smoke alarms were also fitted in the property.

Most chimney fires are preventable. Regular inspection and cleaning of chimney flues will help prevent fires within your chimney. For more information visit https://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/keeping-safe/loveyourhome/firehazards/chimney/.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
4 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Mary Jamerson

Lucky we have trained firemen. A friend of ours house was badly burned when the chimney went up, and they were out. burning soot fell onto their mat and lucky the lot wasn’t burnt to the ground.

Terry

Chimney Rods and stirrup pump are standard equiptment for dousing chimney fires hardly specialist equiptment .

Phil macrackin

Most of these chimney fires are cause by irresponsible people not getting their chimney swept regularly. Wasting fireman time with things that can be easily avoided.

Yoshikage Kira

A quick “pump and dump” then?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"
Football Betting Site Betway
 

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets