This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
Monday 1st February – Friday 5th February 2021
• Louise Michelle Healey, 36, of Leavington House, East Hill Road in Ryde, was disqualified from driving for 6 months and fined £84 for driving at a speed of 82mph in Sheerness. She was also ordered to pay £90 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Lara White, 26, of New Street in Newport, pleaded guilty to assault by beating. She was ordered to pay £50 compensation, £85 costs and a £95 surcharge. She must also complete 100 hours of unpaid work with 15 rehabilitation days.
• Stacey Emma Beeney, 31, of Osborne Road in Shanklin was given a 12-month conditional discharge for possession of a Class B drug, namely cannabis. She was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £22 surcharge.
• Daniel Craig Harris, 29, of Harding Road in Ryde, was fined £80 for possession of a Class B drug, namely cannabis. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Alexander Cooper, 22, of Tennyson Road in Cowes, admitted £1,213.85 worth of theft from 4 supermarkets and admitted commission of a further offence whilst subject to a conditional discharge. He was ordered to complete 80 hours of unpaid work with 15 rehabilitation days, as well as paying £1,191.95 in compensation. #
• Dominica Anderson, 52, of Canning Court in Newport, was fined £120 for possession of a Class A drug, namely 7.1g of diamorphine. She was also ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Paul Timms, 63, of Atherley Road in Shanklin, was given a 12-week prison sentence after being found guilty of assault by beating and breach of a non-molestation order. He was ordered to pay £600 costs and £128 surcharge. Timms admitted possession of a Class B drug, namely cannabis.
• Andrew Lee Chapman, 44, of Gunville Road in Carisbrooke, was handed down a 4-month prison sentence – suspended for 12 months – for possession of a Stanley blade knife, which was locked into position to prevent it folding. The sentence was given due to a second conviction for possession of a bladed weapon. He was also told to pay £85 costs with a £128 surcharge and complete 10 rehabilitation days. Chapman was also ordered to pay £85 costs for possession of a Class A drug, namely diamorphine.
• Alistair William Calvert, 25, of Bettesworth Road in Ryde, pleaded guilty to resisting arrest and possession of a Class B drug, namely cannabis. He was fined £120 and ordered to pay £40 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• David Roger Ward, 51, of Avenue Road in Sandown, pleaded guilty to drink driving. He was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £80 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Tara Louise Hunter, 46, of Eddington Road in Nettlestone, was fined £80 after pleading guilty to theft to the value of £75 from Tesco. She was ordered to pay £40 costs with a £34 surcharge.