ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 2021 CLOSE TO SELLING OUT – BUT TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE

Music fans are being urged to snap up their Isle of Wight Festival 2021 tickets as soon as possible as this year’s later-than-usual event is on the brink of selling out.

The rescheduled 4-day event is due to rock Seaclose Park, Newport from 16th-19th September 2021. It was originally due to be held next weekend, but the pandemic put paid to that plan.

Festival organiser John Giddings has revealed to The Price is Wight that the event will go ahead – even if the government next week decide to delay lockdown lifting. He is confident that there will be no masks and no social distancing rules in place.

Speaking exclusively to the ticket seller, John said:

“People are still buying tickets and we are very, very close to being sold out. We will most definitely sell out in advance of the Festival. Please don’t moan at me that you have missed out when we put up those ‘sold out’ signs!

“Right now we should have been right in the middle of setting up the Festival site. I am thinking about going along to Seaclose Park over the weekend to get a sense of it all – just stand there in an empty park and take it all in.

“I know many people who have booked hotels and houses on the Island for what would have been the weekend of Festival and they are still coming over to enjoy themselves, which I think is great.

Around 50,000 revellers will lap up live music, DJs, theatre, cabaret, film, bars and so much more on an array of colourful stages across the enormous site. Headlining the bash are Liam Gallagher, Snow Patrol, David Guetta and Duran Duran with special guest Sir Tom Jones.

You can buy your tickets now – including the Island special – by visiting https://www.thepriceiswight.co.uk/product/iow-festival-full-payment-21/.

guest
Tony
Tony
4 days ago

Oh no we are all going to die.

paul
paul
4 days ago

Hope refunds are available

Joe Blogs
Joe Blogs
4 days ago

Why the hell are we having a pop festival this year?

Jack in the Box
Jack in the Box
Reply to  Joe Blogs
4 days ago

It is easy to answer that, Giddings is a greedy little man. Little man, because he just doesn’t give a stuff about Islanders, only cares about his bank balance and lifestyle being kept intact.

Joe Blogs
Joe Blogs
4 days ago

So I can buy my dose of Covid now can I? Absolutely ridiculous holding the festival this year. Why should Islanders be put at risk?

Surfingwithsharks
Surfingwithsharks
4 days ago

one in six homes on the island is a second home, we were locked down with the New Forest last year after Londoners where let out, we then had more Covid restrictions, I’m quite amazed that anything with a beach the London media is telling travel sheep to visit, packed together but thats ok, then when they go we return to lockdown again as we deal with the fallout..PM and other Heads of state wandering around maskless, Fauci been caught out, Hancock on the defence, threats of more liberty lost and The IOW festival is ok?? not against the festival but against all restrictions imposed as a result..all baseless in reality/science..

Jack in the Box
Jack in the Box
4 days ago

Giddings sure is a greedy sod. If he had any scruples he would cancel again. Once again money before safety, covid measures will NOT work in a crowd of 50,000. Hope the council will not issue licences and force this to stop. Rubbish line up anyway, all has beens, And most of these people will not have had a vaccine by then anyway.

Truthseeker
Truthseeker
4 days ago

Up to 50,000 revellers at an event WITHOUT any covid 19 safety? How utterly irresponsible, and dangerous to everyone involved.
No thought for how close people get to each other in huge crowds, safety of the families of those who attend, the festival workers or the Island services that come in contact with anyone there.
Can this really be allowed to go ahead?

Sunshine
Sunshine
Reply to  Truthseeker
3 days ago

Agree totally. No social distancing will ever be able to be enforced. People over here on holiday from God knows where on the mainland won’t/can’t keep to social distancing in Tesco, so in a field of 50,000 no chance. Totally unacceptable to allow this festival to go ahead……if it does????

nick
nick
4 days ago

Why are all other festivals cancelled, ie, glastonbury, download ect but not the IOW? Are they waiting till they have the money in the bank then cancel it again?

Josh
Josh
Reply to  nick
1 day ago

Because these events can’t get events insurance and the level of attendance vs expenditure is a lot lower for the IOW Festival.

roger everyone
roger everyone
4 days ago

People forget, that us performing artists have had a torrid 16 months. I have had to live off my royalties and download sales with no gigs and festivals last year things are getting a bit tight this year. I am even considering putting out a Christmas single this year to help build up my bank balance. I look forward to the festival paycheck coming this year. Thanks to the festival.

Jack in the Box
Jack in the Box
Reply to  roger everyone
3 days ago

I make enough “pocket money” from my music sales online, I don’t need to do live gigs anymore. I do music mainly because I enjoy doing it, any money made from it is nice, but not my main salary. Get another job then, don’t rely on just your music.

Joe Blogs
Joe Blogs
Reply to  roger everyone
3 days ago

I understand that times are difficult, but we are all in the same boat. I hope you can live with your concience if this festival causes a spike in infections and more people lose their lives.

Edgar-of-9
Edgar-of-9
3 days ago

You can still wear masks even if there are no rules saying you must.

Paul113
Paul113
3 days ago

Sold out Lol that’s the oldest sales pitch going to make people rush for a ticket. Not sure it’s ever sold out let alone in a pandemic.

Micky
Micky
3 days ago

Chill out folks, it is in September. Loving your crystal balls. Let’s see what happens.

Jedi
Jedi
3 days ago

Just bought my ticket , party on .

Trueblue
Trueblue
2 days ago

You lot should be more worried about the mass influx of tourists this summer! Leave the festival alone

Josh
Josh
Reply to  Trueblue
1 day ago

Mass influx of money going into a dwindling economy? Terrifying…