CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM SEES FAMILY EVACUATE HOME IN EAST COWES

Published at:

A family had to evacuate their home after a carbon monoxide alarm was triggered by a faulty boiler last night (Thursday).

Firefighters from East Cowes were mobilised to Chinchen Close on the Hawthorn Meadows estate at 01:33.

The retained crew quickly identified the cause of the alarm and isolated the property’s boiler.

Article continues below this advertisement

Fire control have praised the family for ensuring they had a carbon monoxide alarm installed.

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that has no smell or taste. Breathing it in can make you unwell, and it can kill if you’re exposed to high levels.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning

The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are not always obvious, particularly during low-level exposure. A tension-type headache is the most common symptom of mild carbon monoxide poisoning.

Other symptoms include dizziness, feeling and being sick, tiredness and confusion, stomach pain, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing.

Article continues below this advertisement

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
3 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Mojo

This is very much classified as essential service .
Then you see coming off the red funnel ferry 2 John Lewis trucks multiple people in cabs ,I ask you where is John Lewis respect for the situation were in ,,disgusting

Seay

Carbon monoxide alarms can be bought on ebay for around £15, and as was explained by the Fire crew, even coal or wood burners if the flue becomes blocked can cause a build up of this killer gas. So well worth the money.

Don't tell him pike.

When I had my multi fuel stove installed a carbon monoxide detector was part of the installation.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"
Football Betting Site Betway
 

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets