13 POSTCODES LOSE POWER IN SANDOWN

A power cut is affecting homes and businesses in Sandown this lunchtime (Wednesday).

13 postcode areas in PO36 8– have lost electricity supply as a result of a network fault.

Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks are aware of the issue and engineers are working to restore power to customers affected.

It is hoping that power will be restored by 15:00.

Clare
Clare
1 year ago

Let’s hope this shocking situation gets resolved soon…

Clare
Clare
Reply to  Clare
1 year ago

Does no one have a sense of humor any more, I keep getting snowflakes voting me down. Cheer up, it’s not the end of the world, just a bit of old fashioned humour…

Hugh Jarce
Hugh Jarce
Reply to  Clare
1 year ago

Living on the Isle of Wight Has never been electrifying – well not for the last 67 years anyway.

John
John
Reply to  Clare
1 year ago

Ohm currently sensing a lot of resistance to humour on here.

John Miller
John Miller
1 year ago

With all these power outages lately…lets hope it gets a bit more reliable when everyone has to have electric cars,”cant come into work today,couldn’t charge me car up,power was out,again!”

Az-zahra Aziz
Az-zahra Aziz
1 year ago

Too many growing dope using huge amounts of power, overloading the system, add to that all the ‘single muvers’ watching huge TV’s with Jerry kyle on, brewing coffee and heating going full blast all paid for by tax credits, and it is a scene repeated in every ‘social housing’ areas across Wight.

Keep them closed and get a job, would ease the power outages for Wight imo.

Bob Frapples
Bob Frapples
Reply to  Az-zahra Aziz
1 year ago

Groundhog day

Clare
Clare
Reply to  Az-zahra Aziz
1 year ago

Az-Zahra, social housing should be a priority because the young have no hope of buying their own home these days unless they have more affluent parents that can help.

Yes, I know some people are not what we would call good productive citizens, and make people’s lives a total misery, but I don’t think you should Tare everyone that lives in social housing with the same brush.

However, don’t think for one moment drugs are only used by people that live in social housing, the well-off are the drug dealers best customers, it’s just that the well-off are less likely to be targeted by the police…

Az-zahra Aziz
Az-zahra Aziz
Reply to  Clare
1 year ago

Good and fair comments Clare. I know ‘not everyone’ in social housing is like my ‘example’, but, a growing number are.

Certainly the well to do, do indulge in drugs, but I am not bothered what drugs people do, BUT the harm they cause in pursuit of their habits.

The rich don’t mug, steal or hurt others or breed ever more clones to ensure that the next generation has even more of the problems we no face.

Clare
Clare
Reply to  Az-zahra Aziz
1 year ago

Aziz, I take your point, I just wanted to point out not all residents who live in social housing are bad.
I just wish people living in social housing would make the effort to make their environment a more pleasant place to live, but I don’t know what the answer is.

It’s a sad situation, I think housing organisations should lay down very strict rules enforsing residents that they have responsibilitys to embrace there community’s, and report antie social behaviour to housing organisations.

Those residents that are making naighbourhoods a misery should be removed and to hell with their human rights…

West Wighter
West Wighter
Reply to  Az-zahra Aziz
1 year ago

Well for once aziz I totally agree!
I’ve worked in social housing as a tradesman!
Well all I can say is wipe your feet when you leave!
As for your comment you’ve nailed it.
Spot on.