Breaking News First reported by Island Echo

TEA TOWEL STARTS KITCHEN FIRE AT FLAT IN CHALE


Firefighters have responded to reports of a kitchen fire at a residential property in Chale tonight (Wednesday).

2 appliances from Newport and Shanklin were mobilised to Spanners Close at just before 21:15.

Upon arrival, Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service crews discovered that a tea towel left on a hob had started a small fire within the kitchen of the flat. Thankfully, the fire was out upon arrival.

Article continues below this advertisement

Both the wholetime and retained crews were in action earlier on tonight too when they were called to a shed fire in nearby Niton.

Did you know the majority of house fires occur in the kitchen? For safety information concerning cooking and kitchen appliances visit https://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/keeping-safe/loveyourhome/firehazards/kitchen/.

 

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.

Comment on this story

avatar
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets