0964de32-47dc-4964-a962-29b07b20ee09

UPDATED: PEDESTRIAN INJURED AFTER BEING HIT BY CAR AT NODEHILL

Roads in the Nodehill area of Newport have been closed by Police tonight (Friday) as a result of a collision between a pedestrian and a car.

Emergency services are currently on scene at the junction of St James’ Street and Trafalgar Road.

Paramedics from the Isle of Wight Ambulance Service have tended to the pedestrian, who is said to have been laid on the wet road.

They have now been conveyed to St Mary’s Hospital for further assessment and treatment.

The incident occurred at just before 19:35 and has involved a Honda Jazz driven by a local delivery driver.

Motorists turning left at McDonalds are being diverted via Chapel Street and those using Orchard Street are being diverted through the bus station.

Roads are expected to re-open shortly but Police are awaiting an injury update from doctors.

UPDATE SATURDAY – A 69-year-old woman from Newport sustained leg and head injuries in last night’s collision and has required surgery.

The driver of the Honda Jazz has been confirmed as a 45-year-old man from Newport. No arrests have been made.

E1506c4d-9eed-477f-8a61-a5a5368383ad

oldbutalive
oldbutalive

I hope the pedestrian is not seriously hurt.
Wonders how a delivery driver could hit a person at that junction?

Dicky bird
Dicky bird

Most probably kebab house driver as never stopping at the give way sign, always flying over the junction.accident waiting to happen there sorry for whoever got hit.

CharlesW
CharlesW

I’ve seen several ‘about to happen’ incidents both delivery cars and scooters. One delivery driver from Wok One pulled out of the loading bay outside B&M last Friday, just missing a pedestrian crossing the road. The scooters are the worse, most are learner drivers.

Dicky bird
Dicky bird

Confirmed it was kebab house driver.
And I know for a fact that the car is not insured
For delivery use,non commercial,. Its insurerd as social domestic pleasure. I hope the police look into it and stop the shop from delivering.and the correct punishment set out,as ib know if I was driving without the correct insurance, I would get clobbered, but I doubt anything will come from the situation as the police involved who turned up for the accident are regular customers of the shop and I’m sure would bend over backwards not to punish.and the driver of the car is meant to be disabled who isn’t meant to be working, so be isn’t legally insured eithe

Derek
Derek
Reply to  Dicky bird

Dicky bird, if you knew all this, why did you not report it previously? Or were you waiting for someone to be seriously injured or worse? The police cannot check acquaintances on the broad on the off chance that an offence may be committed. I’m sure you would be the first to complain if you were pulled over. And don’t forget, it’s people like this who are responsible for pushing your insurance premiums up. If you are worried about reprisals, then report it anonymously.

Dicky bird
Dicky bird
Reply to  Derek

It’s not the case that I knew all of this about the driver going to drive the car, all I know is that he is classed as disabled and is signed off from working, when I heard there was an accident and I heard who it was and what vehicle was used, thsts when I decided to write my comment. And is course I would never want someone injured, but like I said,no one stops at that junction, they just fly over it 15 yards from a zebra crossing.

Eby
Eby
Reply to  Dicky bird

Do you have any proof?who you are?why you talking lier?how kebab shop doing it delivery morden 10 years with out business insurance?I don’t know what are you trying to do?

Dicky bird
Dicky bird
Reply to  Eby

I’m not trying to do anything eby, I’m just speaking the truth, the driver who was driving the car is classed as disabled and is signed off from working, so that means he shouldn’t be working, he is on medication for his problem and if I wanted to I could get proof yes, but I dont need to,, his insurance would bit be valid?, have you let the insurance company know that he if cladded a disabled and shouldn’t be working?? And he is on certain medicines which you aren’t allowed to drive while taking,so like I raid did you notify insurance company?? NO, so doesn’t matter if you have business insurance, he isn’t insured, I got that the person in hospital makes a full recovery. Anyway even if he was insured legally, why drive like a proper idiot and flying around the town hundred miles an hour. Why don’t… Read more »

Eby
Eby
Reply to  Dicky bird

The person you have in mind, is not the person driving at the time of the accident. Cctv will be checked and you don’t know the hole story so don’t assume who is right or wrong, ​and your wasn’t there to witnesses either. No one will deliberately hit a pedestrian. I hope the person will recover soon to. No one will do such thing on purpose and that’s why its call an accent, I’m not happy about you using the business name on a personal actions that someone has done or doing.

Dicky birds
Dicky birds
Reply to  Eby

How do you no I didn’t see the accident?? The accident happened, 50yards away from where I live, and yes the person who was driving is the person I was on about, so please don’t cover up for him. Yes accidents happen everywhere, but my point is if he is classed as disabled and signes off work then he shouldn’t be driving. I’m not using your business as for personally actions for for something simmering has done, but he was working for you so it isn’t personal is it?? He is working for a business.if you want I will supply a name in my reply if who was driving, then we will see what other people have to say about it.

Dicky Dog
Dicky Dog
Reply to  Dicky birds

Supply a name then, as no one under the business is classed as anything that you’ve mentioned so please make sure you have facts before falsely making comments about the business, you seem to think you know the ins and out as Eby has said no one would do such thing on purpose it’s an “accident” they happen no need for people like you with nothing better to do, to think they are CID and make stuff up