LOCAL WOMAN FINDS SAFETY PIN AND HAIR IN TESCO TIGER BREAD

An Isle of Wight woman has taken to social media to express her disgust – and to warn others – after finding a safety pin attached to hair INSIDE a tiger bread baguette that she brought from Tesco Extra Ryde.

Karen Peck purchased the bread from Tesco’s main store on the Island over the weekend. However, she was soon put off from eating it when she made the unusual discovery whilst making sandwiches.

Posting on Facebook, Karen said:

“Anyone buying bread from Tesco Ryde be vigilant.. found a safety pin in mine attatched to long hair!!!! 🤢

One commenter, Dee Gayton, has responded by saying:

“Oh my goodness that’s disgusting and could’ve been absolutely disastrous. Glad you’ve taken it further and reported it to environmental health”.

Tesco has offered compensation of £20, but Karen has declined this offer and raised the matter with the Isle of Wight Council’s Environmental Health department.

It’s understood the bread is baked in-store but it is unclear is the dough is made off-site.

Tesco has been approached for a statement.

Arthur Sausage
Arthur Sausage

As Tesco advertises every little helps!

Oldbutalive
Oldbutalive

Compensation of £20, they are having a laugh! !
I hope they get heavily fined.
I’m just glad i very rarely shop there.

Shaesta Yaseen
Shaesta Yaseen

I have always shopped in Tesco and for me it’s my number 1 store but I have to admit I once found a metal small bolt in a closed packet of naan.

Clive
Clive

Probably someone making up a story to get easy money because we are turning into a society of compensation chasers , too many people are now comfortable to sit at home and think of ways to extort money for easy gain.

J W
J W
Reply to  Clive

I would have declined the money too as a matter of principle and reported the issue to EH even though I have not alot of money and this lady does not need the money so suing would not make a difference but she is obviously making sure it doesn’t happen again.not everyone is after easy money

Pippin
Pippin

My son had a bag of groceries stolen from his trolley when he wasn’t looking (on the mainland).
Tesco weren’t interested – presumably because he had paid for them so they weren’t out of pocket. Would have been a different story if someone had shoplifted. They chuck thousands of pounds worth of food away but he had to go and buy it all again. They make out that they care about their customers but they really don’t.

Rough Justice
Rough Justice

I expect that if they had realised at the checkout, she would have been charged extra for it!

She
She

How terrible
What if someone had eaten that
To me it looks like its done on purpose…..how else would a safety pin attached to hair get in there….thank god I stopped buying food from tesco years ago
When most peoples Christmas food was ruined..too many things happening with tesco …..hit them hard now …..in the pocket