This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
Monday 4th January – Friday 8th January 2021
• Daniel John Vessey, 31, of Arundel Close in Ryde was given a 8-week prison sentence for failing to comply with the notification requirements of the Sex Offenders Register. He was also ordered to pay a surcharge of £128.
• Anthony John Wotton, 30, of Church Road in Wootton, pleaded guilty to drug driving, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance. He was handed down a 4-month prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, disqualified from driving for 24 months and told to complete 25 rehabilitation days. He was also told to pay £85 costs with a £128 surcharge.
• Marley Johnathan Stacey, 23, of Whitpit Lane in Newport, admitted driving without insurance and driving otherwise in accordance to a licence. He was fined £205 and told to pay costs of £85 with a £34 surcharge. He was also handed 8 penalty points.
• Joshua Peter Edward Steel, 31, of Louis Road in Lake, pleaded guilty to drink driving (53). He was disqualified from driving for 15 months, fined £400 and told to pay costs of £85 with a £40 surcharge.
• Clive George Inch, 36, of Green Street in Ryde, admitted criminal damage and assault by beating. He was made subject to a community order including an alcohol treatment requirement. He is now also subject to a 3 month electronic tag and must complete 25 rehabilitation days.
• Dawn Roberta Witty, 35, of Forest Road in Newport, was handed an interim disqualified from driving for the offence of failing to provide a specificmen of breath. She is to appear before the North and Easter Hertfordshire Magistrates Court in February.