This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
Monday 4th October – Friday 8th October 2021
• Michael James Barnes, 31, of Avenue Road in Freshwater admitted breaching a community order. He was ordered to complete 130 hours of unpaid work and pay costs of £60. Barnes also admitted breaching a supervision order, which was revoked and a new order made for 12 months with 60 hours of unpaid work.
• Clive George Inch, 37, of Westridge Road in Portswood, Southampton was given a 6 month prison sentence for the offence of attempting to destroy property to the value over £5,000. The offence was deemed serious by Magistrates as it was committed against an elderly and vulnerable lady, in breach of trust, whilst under the influence of drink and drugs. Magistrates handed Inch a 2-year restraining order and ordered him to pay £500 compensation.
• Vicky Standen, 37, of Butler Gardens in Shanklin, pleaded guilty to possession of a Class A drug – heroin – and possession of a Class C drug – diazepam. She was given a 6-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £22 surcharge.
• Clive Richardson, 47, of East Hill Road in Ryde, pleaded guilty to assault by beating and using threatening/abusive words or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. He was given a 12-month community order with 60 hours of unpaid work. He was also made subject to a restraining order and ordered to pay £300 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Marc Steele, 46, of Southgrove Road in Ventnor, pleaded guilty to failing to provide. He was disqualified from driving for 12 months, ordered to complete 60 hours of unpaid work and pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Mark Drake, 46, of Bridle Path in Woodcote, Reading pleaded guilty to drink driving (55). He was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £500 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £50 surcharge.
• Drew Wright, 19, of Farley Road, Much Wenlock in Shropshire pleaded guilty to drink driving (44). He was banned from driving for 12 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Abu Ahmed, 40, of Milligan Road in Ryde, admitted breach of a restraining order. The case was adjourned until 8th November for a pre-sentence report to be compiled for sentencing.