This is your weekly round-up of the latest court news, covering some of the cases heard by the Isle of Wight Combined Court over the past week.
The convicted person’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with UK law.
Week to 14th December 2018
• Jamie Mobley, 38, of Spring Gardens in Ventnor admitted 2 counts of theft when he appeared before the Isle of Wight Crown Court last Friday.
Mobley was handed a 3 month prison sentence and fined £250.
• Paula Skelly, 62, of Jersey Road, Portsmouth appeared before the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court on Monday accused of arson.
Miss Skelly did not enter any plea and the case has been adjourned to the Isle of Wight Crown Court on 28th January.
• Curtis Jenkins, 20, of Hookes Way in Newport admitted assault by beating and criminal damage to property valued under £5000 when he appeared before the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court last Friday.
Jenkins was handed a 6 month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £1,000 compensation with a £20 surcharge.
• Nina Hoskins, 33, of St James’ Street in Newport admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH), assaulting a constable in the execution of their duty, failing to surrender and 3 charges of theft when she appeared before the Isle of Wight Crown Court last Friday.
Hoskins was given a 18 month community order and ordered to complete 40 days of rehabilitation.
• Mark Holbrook, 55, of Yelfs Road in Ryde appeared before Magistrates on Tuesday accused of a number of sexual offences.
Mr Holbrook did not enter any plea to the charges of 4x engaging in non penetrative sexual activity with a girl* and 1x engaging in sexual communication with a child.
The case has been adjourned to the Isle of Wight Crown Court. Mark Holbrook will appear on 28th January – he has been given unconditional bail until that time.
*Due to incorrect information supplied by the courts, it was initially reported that the alleged victim was aged under 13. This is not the case – the alleged victim is aged over 13.
Do you follow Island Echo on Facebook?
Get access to exclusive news, photos, videos and merchandise by becoming a supporter through Facebook Subscriptions! Find out more at https://www.facebook.com/becomesupporter/309220432954/