This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
Monday 29th March – Friday 2nd April 2021
• Michael James Barnes, 31, of Forrest Road in Winford pleaded guilty to using threatening/abusive/insulting words or behaviour, or admitted breaching a supervision order. He was given a community order with 130 hours of unpaid work. He was also ordered to pay £95 costs with a £95 sucharge.
• Bradley Kyle Sparshot, 29, of Furrlongs in Newport, pleaded guilty to breaching a criminal behaviour order and criminal damage. He was handed an 8-week prison sentence.
• Darren John Clements, 51, of Hendy Road in East Cowes, was given a 12 week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, for the offence of arson. He was ordered to pay £85 costs and a £128 surcharge. He was also made subject to a restraining order for 6 months.
• Rodney Phillip Travis, 37, of Green Street in Ryde, was given a 12 month conditional discharge for possession of a Class A drug (cocaine). He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £22 surcharge.
• Kevin Junior Wadey, 18, of Main Road in Rookley, admitted possession of a Class B drug (cannabis). He was given a 6 month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £22 surcharge.
• Bradley Edgington, 22, of Chichester Walk in Newport, pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention, failing to report an accident, driving without a licence and driving without insurance. He was given a 12 month disqualification from driving and ordered to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work. He must also pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Kevin Lawrence Gallagher, 58, of Newport Street in Ryde, pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly. He was fined £40 and told to pay costs of £40 with a £34 surcharge.