This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
Mondya 10th January – Friday 14th January 2022
• Guy Robinson, 56, of Lower Green Road, St Helens, pleaded guilty to drink driving (135). He was banned from driving for 4 years and was handed a 8-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months. He must also complete 20 rehabilitation days and pay costs of £85 with a £128 surcharge.
• Michelle Juliet Edlin, 50, of High Street in Newport, was found guilty of assaulting an emergency worker. She was given a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £50 compensation, as well as costs of £650 and a £22 surcharge.
• Ben Ashton, 39, of Colemans Lane in Porchfield, pleaded guilty to 3 counts of drug driving, 1 of driving without insurance and 1 of driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence. He was disqualified from driving for 4 years and made subject to a 12-month community order with 120 hours of unpaid work. He must also pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Romy Vince, 39, of Cockleton Lane, Gurnard, pleaded guilty to breaching COVID Tier 4 restrictions. She was handed a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay a £22 surcharge.
• Kieren Beeney, 21, of Mary Rose Avenue in Wootton, pleaded guilty to harassment. He was made subject to a 12-month restraining order and a 12-month community order with 6 months of alcohol treatment and 20 rehabilitation days. He was fined £120 and ordered to pay costs of £85 with a £95 surcharge.
• Paul Roper, 54, of Brookside Crescent in Wroxall, pleaded guilty to being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle (154). He was fined £733 and given 10 points on his licence, as well as being ordered to pay £85 costs and a £73 surcharge.
• Stephen Robinson, 53, of Park Way, Apse Heath pleaded guilty to drink driving (68). He was disqualified for 17 months and ordered to pay a £120 fine, £85 costs and a £34 surcharge.
• Joshua Vaughan, 24, of Nelson Street in Ryde, pleaded guilty to drink driving. He was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £346 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £35 surcharge.
• Erin Hucklesby, 21, of South Street in Yarmouth, pleaded guilty to drink driving. She was disqualified from driving for 16 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Joshua Green, 32, of Yarborough Road in East Cowes, pleaded guilty to assault by beating and criminal damage. He was given a 10-week prison sentence and ordered to pay costs of £200 with a £128 surcharge.
• Stephen Drinkell, 22, of Snowberry Road in Newport, pleaded guilty to failing to stop at an accident, failing to report an accident and driving without due care and attention. He was made subject to a 12-month community order, banned from driving for 9 months and ordered to complete 100 hours of unpaid work, as well as paying a £166 fine, £85 costs and a £95 surcharge.
Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.