FIREFIGHTERS RESPOND TO REPORTS OF DOMESTIC FIRE IN SHANKLIN

Firefighters from Shanklin, Ryde, and Sandown have responded to reports of a fire in a property in Shanklin this afternoon (Friday).

3 appliances from the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service were mobilised to the semi-detached property on Green Lane after smoke appeared to be emanating from it.

The crew from Shanklin quickly arrived on the scene and carried out an initial assessment of the incident, revealing that the smoke had been caused by food being left on the stove.

Article continues below this advertisement

The burning food was removed from the property and crews opened doors and windows to help ventilate the smoke within.

Sandown and Ryde’s appliances stood down shortly after arriving, with the Shanklin crew being left to issue safety advice to the owner of the home.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
Football Betting Site Betway
 

Join our daily newsletter

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets