18-YEAR-OLD SLAPPED WITH 17-MONTH BAN FOR DRINK DRIVING IN SHANKLIN

18-year-old Hayden Sutton has been handed a 17-month driving ban and fined £230 after being caught drink driving in Shanklin during the early hours of the morning.

Sutton, of Squirrel Close in Newport, was spotted by Police at around 01:40 on the morning of 30th April this year.

Officers witnessed Sutton’s Chevorlet Aveo drifting across the road before mounting a kerb, nearly hitting a wall.

The vehicle was pulled over on Arthur’s Hill and a roadside breath test was conducted, which Sutton failed. He later provided an evidential breath sample of 61.

Defending, Henry Farley said that the KFC worker was out with friends and decided to drive home.

Magistrates handed Hayden Sutton a 17-month driving disqualification, fined him £230 and ordered him to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.

I believe
I believe

There is no defence for drink/drugs driving.

Karen
Karen
Reply to  I believe

Absolutely agree. Comes with inexperience and the belief they won’t be caught or the law doesn’t apply to them,

Julie strong
Julie strong
Reply to  I believe

I feel that the car should be taken and sold with proceeds IF any going to victims of driving crime such as drink / drugs etc

Sunshine
Sunshine

Hayden Sutton your a pillock. I have no time for any driver who thinks it’s ok to drink or take drugs then get in a car and go out onto the public roads. These idiots could kill.
Way too lenient a sentence. There is no deterrent, that’s why so many of these brain dead wasters do it.

Reg Dennis
Reg Dennis

another pointless slap on the wrist, these idiots are a menace on the roads and should lose their licences for at least 5 years with an extended retest to get it back, it wasn’t a “bit over the limit” it was nearly double.

Nige
Nige

Whilst I do enjoy a KFC I would rather go without if served by a careless selfish arrogant piece of garbage who risks maiming innocent people rather than pay for a cab yet afford to be drunk. Low life

Miss Sensible
Miss Sensible

Ooh good luck with insurance premiums when he completes his BAN !!!!!!!
Shouldn’t be so stupid, a lesson learnt ?????
Hopefully!!!!!!!

Nick Black
Nick Black

Whilst I do not condone ANY drink driving. I find it a little strange that this person received a 17 month ban, whilst a coach driver, a COACH DRIVER, who was responsible for a load of passengers only received a 14 month ban!
Neither person should escape a ban, but I do think that the Coach Driver should have received the more severe penalty.
There is something strangely awry with out Legal System!
Just expressing an opinion….