VETS ISSUES WARNING AS DOGS POISONED AT PARKHURST FOREST

Dog owners are being urged to remain vigilant as a number of animals have been hospitalised after being poisoned at Parkhurst Forest on the outskirts of Newport.

Green, Roberts and Butler Veterinary Surgeons in Carisbrooke have issued a warning as they have a number of animals currently under their care that appear to have been poisoned.

It’s understood that bright blue poison, mixed with food such as baked beans, has been put out in the area of Marks Corner.

Common symptoms include anxiety, drooling, shaking, seizing, fever), respiratory distress and/or failure and sometimes death.

It was in November last year that Island Echo reported a similar instance of poisoning in the same location.

Hampshire Constabulary has been alerted to the situation.

Elsewhere in the same area, Island Echo readers have reported nails and screws being left under the wheels of their vehicles in an apparent attempt to sabotage them and cause damage.

BDRVN
BDRVN
7 days ago

It is slug poison, not rat.

Susan
Susan
7 days ago

People know exactly who is doing this as he has admitted to it,why isn’t he being arrested or do dogs lives not matter?

Isla wight
Isla wight
Reply to  Susan
7 days ago

Put his name and address up so the police, among others, can pay him a visit as they obviously don’t know about him.

Liz Smith
Liz Smith
Reply to  Susan
7 days ago

Susan if you know who is doing this, please report them to the police.

D J
D J
Reply to  Susan
6 days ago

IF YOU KNOW WHO IT IS YOU MUST REPORT THEM.

Sharon
Sharon
7 days ago

Also this morning at Noke Common my sons partner had 30 screws put under her car / wheels. Thankfully she saw them quickly because one of their dogs is partially sighted & we dread to think if she trod on one. The animal who’s doing this must be stopped. The police need to find him/her fast

Boldless
Boldless
Reply to  Sharon
7 days ago

The screws shown I think are dry liner screws for paster board, perhaps there is someone in the building trade doing this, IF these are the screws used?

Amazed IF the person is ‘known’ that some dog owner has not re-educated them by now, for the slack, ‘weak arm of the law’ works in ‘both’ directions.

Caroline.
Caroline.
Reply to  Sharon
7 days ago

‘Animal’!!!! I don’t think so.. Let’s get it right shall we.. ‘Human’!!!

Islander born & bred
Islander born & bred
Reply to  Caroline.
6 days ago

Completely agree. I said the same yesterday, but now for some very strange reason, my comment has been removed. Plus quite frankly, I don’t think shops should just be selling lethal poisons like this. Something so dangerous can be bought so easily and so cheaply. It is wrong. And it doesn’t matter if it is slug or rat poison, to put such down in a woodland setting where wild creatures should have at least one area where they can roam free safe from human hate is just despicable and I hope the perpetrators are severely dealt with.

Daphne
Daphne
Reply to  Islander born & bred
6 days ago

I don’t understand why ID is not needed for buying poison. You need ID for alcohol, lottery, scratch cards and tobacco. I think you need ID for buying kitchen knives too.
Anyway, i do hope that Karma lends a hand and whoever this sick person is, gets exactly what they deserve.

Caroline.
Caroline.
Reply to  Islander born & bred
6 days ago

I totally agree, it’s no wonder our Wildlife is struggling so much with evil people like this around.
Whether it’s a Red Squirrel or a small child dipping their fingers into the ‘pretty blue sweets’, this lowlife needs to be caught. Now!!

Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs
7 days ago

Must admit that whenever I see a screw or someting on the road or pavement, I bend down and pick it up and dispose of it safely. I look at it like this, it may be me who runs over it and gets a punture.

Lambase
Lambase
Reply to  Joe Bloggs
7 days ago

The screws in the photo are dry liner screws used by plaster dryliner workers, so, assuming they are the ‘ones’ left, can’t be too many dryliners in that area?

Nomorethoughtpolice
Nomorethoughtpolice
7 days ago

Some people are born evil….

Islander born & bred
Islander born & bred
7 days ago

I’d like to know just what was wrong with my comment here earlier that was considered so incendiary it had to be removed, or maybe was never allowed at all: I shall try to say this again, why would anyone want to put slug or rat poison down in a WOODLAND anyway? It’s bad enough if they were wickedly trying to poison poor dogs, but to target slugs and rats which would have every right to exist in a natural environment is entirely reprehensible.

Miss sensible
Miss sensible
7 days ago

I know where i would like to put the nails …
The low-life scumbag would definitely need medical attention….
And I would be more than HAPPY to make the total scumbag suffer !!!!
Perhaps shops that have sold excessive amounts of rat poison should look at keeping a log of who has bought it ???
Or maybe any amount ?
No I D no sale maybe .?

Caroline.
Caroline.
Reply to  Miss sensible

Good idea.

Anony
Anony
7 days ago

How can these people sleep at night I will never know. Despicable, utterly.

Anony
Anony
7 days ago

I got two nails in my tyre. It cost me time and money because someone is in a bad childish and horrible mood.

Uncle Ben
Uncle Ben
7 days ago

There are some deranged vile humans out there. Although I will be extra vigilante, I won’t be stopped by some pathetic outcast when I do visit Parkhurst with my dog. Many thanks to the kind people who cleared up the poison.

BDRVN
BDRVN
Reply to  Uncle Ben
6 days ago

You are all very welcome, myself and Lorna from complete canine spent the time getting as much as we could!!! I just hope there’s no more!!

Lee
Lee
7 days ago

Totally shocking behaviour by some evil people.
Animals do no harm to anyone.

Sunshine
Sunshine
6 days ago

If people know who this nutter is, the Police need to be informed so they can go pay him a visit. What this scum bag is doing is just pure evil and he needs to be stopped.

GrahamG
GrahamG
6 days ago

I’m not a big dog fan but this is unforgivable. If you “know who it is” and have proof then share that with the police.

But what has screws under cars got to do with it? Am I missing something?

BDRVN
BDRVN
Reply to  GrahamG
6 days ago

As a resident of the area, our thoughts are that the person is sick of people parking down here where it’s a small residential area? I could be wrong but I just don’t understand the mentality

Bansko
Bansko
Reply to  GrahamG
6 days ago

Graham it is because it is happening in the same area. So either someone is targeting dogs and possibly cars it knows belongs to dog owners or the crazy person dislikes both dogs and cars in the area generally.

Linda wade
Linda wade
6 days ago

Iast year I parked at Marks corner went for a walk with my granddaughter several nails were placed under my back tyre which was in a puddle and I didn’t notice the damage until driving home the garage I went to showed me how bad, I didn’t report it but wish I had now

Not amused
Not amused
6 days ago

Abhorrent behaviour! Not just dogs that will suffer either. What about the wildlife that will be attracted to the food: foxes, hedgehogs, badgers…

Fox
Fox
6 days ago

This person is absolutely dispicable to be able to do something like that knowing the consequences..but if he can do that to animals, he could probably do as bad to humans.. psychopathic tendencies. Needs stopping.

The Truth
The Truth
6 days ago

Catch the poisoner and make them eat their own bait.
Sorted.