UPDATED: Residents across the Hampshire region, including the Isle of Wight, are urged not to approach a potentially dangerous convicted murderer after he went missing from Tatchbury Mount Hospital on the outskirts of Southampton yesterday (Saturday).
Daniel Rosenthal, 58, has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and in 1982 was convicted for murder after he dismembered his mother’s body with a hack saw.
Police are carrying out an extensive search for the patient, who was last seen at about 14:30 when he went for a routine, unsupervised walk around the gardens of the hospital in Totton.
He is described as:
• 5ft 2″ tall
• Local accent
• Short grey / brown hair, with a ‘basin style’ fringe
• He wears glasses with a metal rim
• Walks with a hunch and a ‘scuffle’
• He was last seen wearing ‘closed in’ sandals; light brown, baggy, cord trousers and a long-sleeved cream-coloured shirt with buttons down the front
Although there is no indication to suggest Mr Rosenthal is on the Isle of Wight at present, he has been known to visit various surrounding areas in the New Forest and Southampton.
Police are urging members of the public to report any sightings of him by calling 999 and should not approach him, as he is potentially dangerous.
UPDATE @: 11:57 – Hampshire Constabulary have confirmed that Mr Rosenthal has been located in Southampton and has been returned to Tatchbury Mount Hospital.
Photo: Hampshire Constabulary
• Don’t forget to Like us on Facebook to keep notified of the latest Isle of Wight news as it happens…