This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
Monday 7th June – Friday 11th June 2021
• David William Adams, 24, of Cowes Road in Newport was given a 12 month conditional discharge for breaching a non-molestation order. He was ordered to pay costs of £85 with a £22 surcharge. He was also ordered to pay compensation of £50 for assaulting an emergency worker, namely PC Hall.
• Luke Francis Fauvel, 37, of Mill Square in Wootton pleaded guilty to stealing a toffee vanilla sundae from Morrisons as well as 1 charge of assault and 1 charge of assault by beating. He was fined £40 and made subject to a community order for 12 months with a drug rehabilitation requirement. He was also ordered to pay costs of £45 with a £95 surcharge.
• Ian Meadows, 55, of Ward Road in Totland was made subject to a community order for 13 months after being found guilty of harassment. He must carry out 60 hours of unpaid work and 15 rehabilitation days. He has also been subject to a restraining order for 12 months. He must pay costs of £650 with a £95 surcharge.
• John Henry Jenkins, 63, of Hazel Close in Ventnor, pleaded guilty to criminal damage and sending malicious communications. He was fined £40 and made subject to a community order with 15 rehabilitation days attached. He must also pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Stuart Peter Dack, 36, of Middleton in Freshwater, changed his plea to guilty for the offence of drug driving (cannabis). He was disqualified from driving for 15 months, fined £495 and ordered to pay £150 costs with a £50 surcharge.
• Billy Richard Welch, 20, of Barge Lane in Wootton, admitted drink driving (99). He was disqualified from driving for 23 months and made subject to a community order for 12 months with 80 hours unpaid work. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Konrad Ciecierzynski, 35, of Beaper Shute, Brading, was given a 12 month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £50 compensation for assaulting an emergency worker. He was also ordered to pay a £22 surcharge.
• Chantal Andrea Louise Reed, 54, of Cavalier Quay in East Cowes, was banned from driving for 22 months after pleading guilty to drink driving (88). She was fined 3300 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Emma James, 36, of Newport Road in Ventnor, pleaded guilty to 2 counts of theft. She was made subject to a 6-month community order and told to pay costs of £40 with a £95 surcharge, as well as compensation of £16.70.
• David Richard Harbour, 55, of Clarendon Road, Shanklin pleaded guilty to 2 counts of assault by beating. He was made subject to a community order with 10 rehabilitation days and an electronic tag curfew. He was ordered to pay £50 costs and compensation of £100.
• Shannon Poppy Rhiannon Taylor, 24, of Gladdis Avenue in Waterlooville, admitted theft from a shop. She was ordered to pay compensation of £40.50 as well as costs of £45.
• Hayden Morris, 36, c/o Torcross Avenue in Coventry, was fined £120 for causing harassment/alarm/distress. He was ordered to pay £50 costs with a £34 surcharge. There was no separate penalty for possession of cannabis, but the cannabis was forfeited.