This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
Monday 1st March – Friday 5th March 2021
• Helen Louise Gibbons, 53, of Leed Street in Sandown, pleaded guilty to using violence to secure entry to a property and criminal damage (namely a Police van). She was made subject to a community order for 2 years and ordered to pay £50 compensation, £50 costs and a £95 surcharge.
• A 16-year-old girl from the Ryde area pleaded guilty to possession of a knife. She was made subject to a youth rehabilitation order with 40 hours of unpaid work requirement. She was ordered to pay costs of £40 with a £22 surcharge.
• Richard Warne, 56, of Green Street in Ryde, was given a 6-month prison sentence, suspended for 2 years, for breaching a sexual harm prevention order by deleting his internet history. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £128 surcharge.
• Joshua James Hunt, 25, of George Street in Ryde, admitted drink driving (52). He was disqualified from driving for 15 months, fined £120 and told to pay costs of £85 with a £34 surcharge. He was fined a further £40 for failing to surrender to bail.
• Paul Anthony Timms, 63, of Atherley Road in Shanklin, was given a 6-month prison sentence for breach of a non-molestation order. He was also given a restraining order for a period of 2 years. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £128 victim surcharge.
• Hannah Sartini, 22, of Great Preston Road in Ryde, pleaded guilty to drink driving (92). She was disqualified from driving for 23 months and made subject to a community order with a requirement to complete 40 hours of unpaid work. She was also told to pay costs of £85 with a £34 surcharge.
• Ryan Scott Kessell, 29, of Victoria Road in Newport, was fined £57 for possession of a Class C drug, namely 4 Valium tablets. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Victor Paul Chuntz, 64, of Purcell Street in London, was found guilty of driving whilst using a mobile phone in Godshill. He was given 6 points on his licence, fined £230 and ordered to pay costs of £300 with a £34 surcharge.
• Cameron Joseph Newman, 24, of Fairlee Road in Newport, was found guilty of drug driving (cannabis). He was disqualified from driving for 14 months, fined £180 and ordered to pay £500 costs with a £34 surcharge.
Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.