Breaking News First reported by Island Echo

CHIMNEY FIRE IN EAST COWES


Firefighters have successfully dealt with a chimney fire at a property in East Cowes this evening (Tuesday).

1 appliance from the town’s fire station was mobilised to Albany Road at 19:05.

It’s at a residential address that the single crew found a small fire in the chimney breast, prompting action to be taken.

Article continues below this advertisement

Chimney rods and a stirup pump were used to bring a swift resolve to the situation.

The crew stood down from the incident and returned to station shortly before 21:00.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times. data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets