UPDATED: Festival revellers have been left angered by a last minute no-show by Jess Glynne at the Isle of Wight Festival tonight (Sunday) – the second time she has had to pull out of the event in recent years.
Fans have been waiting hours to see the Brit perform on the Main Stage but it has been announced within the last hour that Glynne is ‘unable to perform’.
According to Island Echo readers, there is ‘uproar’ in the main arena and some children are even crying after John Giddings took to the stage to announce the news.
Revellers began to get suspicious when Jess failed to appear on stage on time. After 10 minutes the news was broken to the tens of thousands of festival-goers.
It isn’t the first time that Jess Glynne has had to pull out of the Isle of Wight Festival. In 2015 she had to undergo voice surgery so didn’t perform. Just last month Glynne failed to show at BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend.
Social media is alight with disappointed fans, many of whom have pointed out that Jess has just finished a tour with the Spice Girls.
Richard Ashcroft is to take to the Main Stage earlier than expected between 19:30-20:40. Biffy Clyro will perform between 21:10 and 22:50.
UPDATE 19:55 – An Isle of Wight Festival spokesperson has said on Twitter:
“Unfortunately Jess Glynne was unable to perform today due to exhaustion.”.
UPDATE: 20:35 – The Isle of Wight Festival shared a statement from Jess Glynne, which said:
“Jess had every intention of performing today at Isle of Wight.
“However as the show got closer it became apparent that she was physically exhausted after a very intense last few weeks touring.
“As a result we took the decision to cancel the show.
“Jess is extreamely fustrated and apologises to all her fans but ultimately her health must come first.”