Breaking News

TUMBLE DRYER FIRE AT PROPERTY ON SHANKLIN ESPLANADE


Firefighters acted swiftly to prevent a tumble dryer fire spreading at Fisherman’s Cottage in Shanklin this morning (Tuesday).

1 appliance from Shanklin Fire Station was mobilised to the commercial property on the Esplanade at around 10:20 when concerned staff raised the alarm.

The single crew quickly arrived on scene to discover that the tumble dryer was smoking. 2 breathing apparatus wearers entered the building and removed the appliance.

Article continues below this advertisement

A positive pressure fan was used to rid any lingering smoke.

Fisherman’s Cottage will be closed for part of the day.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times. data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets