TEEN LEFT EMBARRASSED AFTER GETTING STUCK IN BABY SWING

Published:

Firefighters were called out to free a teenage boy stuck in a child’s swing in Shanklin earlier this afternoon (Good Friday).

1 appliance from the town’s on-call station was mobilised at 14:15 when it was reported to the control room that a 13-year-old boy had become stuck in a baby swing.

Retained firefighters from Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service travelled the short distance to Lower Hyde Holiday Park on Landguard Road and were soon able to free the teen from his predicament.

The teenager was released but left embarrassed by the rescue, which was concluded by 14:31.

At the same time HM Coastguard were responding through Shanklin in response to a mum and son lost at Devil’s Chimney near Ventnor.

(This is the first article published by Island Echo referring to the new Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service)

Mr G
Mr G

What ever is wrong with teenagers on the is Isle of Wight??
Again a total waste of time for our Emergency Services.
They are there to protect and help us in our genuine needs not to cut stupid teenagers from infants swings!!!!!!!

Make parents pay double call out fee!

Bob marley
Bob marley
Reply to  Mr G

I take it your childhood was a shit 1

Richard collins
Richard collins
Reply to  Bob marley

100% agree Bob, the point of being a teenager is to make mistakes. If you don’t you’re not doing it right. 🙂

Smith
Smith
Reply to  Bob marley

When I was 13 I had a paper round AND a weekend job babysitting putting actual babies in the swings. I wasn’t a fat, undisciplined future benefit scrounger.

Iain
Iain
Reply to  Mr G

I think that they were holidaymakers!

Helen Highwater
Helen Highwater

I trust someone will post a recognisable picture of the goon in as embarrasing a posture as possible. Pity we can’t charge for the rescue services bailing out such idiots. But I guess that opens the door to many pursuits..

Truth
Truth

Should cut down on the junk food….

fred
fred
Reply to  Truth

And you should cut down on the personal attacks on people you don’t know.

Dave Swan
Dave Swan

FFS! What a TOTAL waste of time!

Tony
Tony

Total idiots. Should have left them. How do you get lost at the Devil’s chimney?

Miss sensible
Miss sensible

Charge them for the call out total idiot !!!!
Why on earth would some numpty think they could fit in a baby swing ????
Embarrassed beep should be and if swing is damaged then they should pay for that as well .

Miss sensible
Miss sensible
Reply to  Miss sensible

Total waste of time ,should be shamed ,make the parents pay for it .
Mark me down I don’t care.

John Doe
John Doe

To be fair the youngster was only 13.Who didn’t do something silly at that age.Im pretty sure that’s what the emergency services are for.I expect it was a nice job for them instead of the harrowing calls they would normally attend.All part of the job..swings and roundabouts

Adam
Adam

I mean, rather that than getting caught in a county lines operation no? Let kids be kids…god forbid anyone of these readers have ever done something stupid. Also, this is barely ‘news’ either. People are noncing up kids of the same age every week it seems so are they worth protecting and educating or just being made fun of by adult strangers on a ‘news’ website. Save your feigned outrage for the real things.

Miss sensible
Miss sensible
Reply to  Adam

And what happens to the real emergency ?whilst the fire brigade is having to waste their time dealing with these stupid numptys.
Wasn’t long ago 3 numptys did the same thing in Cowes .

Miss sensible
Miss sensible
Reply to  Miss sensible

Thank you for marking me down ,must be the numptys that break the swing.lol

KAH
KAH
Reply to  Miss sensible

Just a thought I am sure the emergency services really didn’t mind, after all it was close enough to walk to and only took 16 mins from the first call.

disillusioned
disillusioned

As Captain Mainwaring (Dad’s Army), would say… ‘Stupid boy’!

BBB
BBB

The lad is 13 and made a mistake. Give it a rest with the ‘HE SHOULD BE NAMED AND SHAMED’ and ‘POST A PICTURE OF HIM’. It’s just going to lead to unnecessary bullying. We all make mistakes.well done to our Brilliant emergency services

IOW
IOW
Reply to  BBB

Let’s name and shame you – share your pic and name and we’ll plaster you all over Facebook for trying to harass a 13 year old boy.

Only fair isn’t it? If you think it’s appropriate to do it with a child, I’m sure you can take it.

caring
caring

Why post a picture of the lad , yes it was a silly thing to do , and bbb is right this will cause the poor lad bullying . Everyone was young and may of done silly things ,obviously it’s a waste of time and money , and yes the problem needs to be highlighted, but not by a photo to affect someone emotionally which surely it will . I wonder if he was dared to do this , some kids would be to scared not to , sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture that’s all

Ryde News
Ryde News

Seriously! Some of you really need to take a long hard look at yourselves.. The kid is 13 and made a mistake, all the name and shame fake outrage is ridiculous.. Chill out and stop being so sanctimonious!!

King Kong
King Kong

He is a local lad not a holiday maker and he’s real pain in the arse on a daily basis. I have family members who have to constantly put up with his antisocial behaviour. You can’t cure stupid unfortunately !

Dave
Dave

Why are people so angry. Lighted up. I have to stop laughing.

fred
fred

If that lad is reading this, good on you mate. You’re a teen. Make more mistakes it winds up the old goats. 😀

Joseph chilcott
Joseph chilcott

He is 13 years old, what is wrong with people your immature your self for having ago at a kid, I did stupid stuff when I was a kid so what we all did it, he mite have problems with learning difficulties and proberly don’t understand verry well give him time to learn and grow up, I’m sick of seeing people behind their computers not noing the true stories and commenting what they think not no,
That’s all I have to say……

King Kong
King Kong
Reply to  Joseph chilcott

He ses commenting from behind his computer screen. Pmsl .like I said .can’t cure stupid

Ryde Resident
Ryde Resident
Reply to  Joseph chilcott

Thats all you have to say? Phew, I almost had an aneurysm reading that.

ron ashton
ron ashton

Parents should be held responsible for letting him get so fat. Why cover his face we all know
who it is.

duane
duane

Island echo must be really struggling with headline stories….

I’tll be “Two fly’s tresspassing on a dog turd in Newport ” next week…