This is your new weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
Monday 22nd – Friday 26th June 2020
• Mark Hergest, 53, of Arctic Road, Cowes admitted 3 counts of using threatening/abusive/insulting words/behaviour to cause harassment/alarm/distress. A community order was made – 20 rehabilitation days. He was fined £40, ordered to pay a £90 surcharge and costs of £85.
• Nicola Jane Bolton, 46, of St Wilfred Drive, East Cowes, admitted theft from a shop to the value of £131.58. She was fined £40 and ordered to pay £50 compensation and a surcharge of £32.
• Christopher John Bowden, 43, of no fixed abode, admitted 3 counts of sending a letter/communication/article conveying an indecent/offensive message. He was sentenced to a total of 17 weeks in prison – including 5 weeks for breaching a suspended sentence – and ordered to pay a surcharge of £128.
• Jack Lewis Rinaldi, 26, of Culver Parade, Sandown, admitted breaching the requirements of a community order made on 21st February 2020. The original order was amended and he was ordered to pay costs of £60. He also admitted obstructing a constable in the exercise of his powers under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971. Rinaldi was fined £80 and ordered to pay a surcharge of £32 with costs of £85.
• Lee Ringer, 46, of Fairlee Road, Newport, pleaded guilty to 2 counts of driving a motor vehicle with a proportion of a specified controlled drug above the specified limit – cocaine and benzoylecgonine. He was banned from driving for 14 months and ordered to pay a surcharge of £32 with £85 costs.
• Paul Martin Badger, 37 of Arctic Road, Cowes, admitted driving a motor vehicle when alcohol level above limit. Magistrates sentenced him to 10 weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months. He was also banned from driving for 33 months, reduced by 33 weeks if safety course completed. He was also ordered to complete a 12 month supervision order, 15 rehabilitation days and pay a £122 surcharge with £85 court costs.
• Molod Zaki, 27, of Leahurst Road, Surrey was found guilty of using threatening/abusive words/behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. Magistrates imposed a 12-month conditional discharge and Zaki was ordered to pay a surcharge of £21.
• Michael Robert Bunce, 42, of Newport Street in Ryde, pleaded guilty to theft from a shop. Magistrates imposed a 12-month conditional discharge. Bunce was ordered to pay a surcharge of £21 and costs of £85.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS, the Society of Editors and the News Media Association and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
If you have discovered an inaccuracy please email [email protected] as soon as possible so this can be investigated. Quote this URL https://www.islandecho.co.uk/latest-cases-from-the-isle-of-wight-magistrates-court-22nd-26th-june-2020/ of 29th June 2020.