This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
Monday 17th – Friday 21st August 2020
• Harry Wiliam Blazeby, 22, of Yarmouth, pleaded guilty to driving without insurance. He was fined £332 and given 6 points on his licence. He was also fined £166 and ordered to pay costs of £85 for possession of cannabis.
• Keifer Troy Brenchley, 23, of Pallance Road in Northwood admitted drug driving with 147ug/l of Benzoylecgonine in his blood and 4.5ug/l of Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol. He was disqualified from driving for 36 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay court costs of £85 with a £32 surcharge. Separately, he was also fined £40 for possession of cannabis.
• Milo Gayle, 24, of High Street in Wootton, was given a 12 month condition discharge and ordered to pay costs of £85 with a £22 surcharge for possession of cocaine.
• Nicholas John Groves, 48, of Spanners Close in Chale, had an enforcement warrant issued against him for non-payment of a confiscation order totalling £981 imposed on 15th December 2017.
• Benjamin Stephen Hellyer, 27, of Millfield Avenue, East Cowes changed his plea to guilty for the offence of drink driving on a motorcycle, blowing 45. He was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £200 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• John Jeffrey Rawlings, 66, of Whitcombe Road near Newport, was found guilty of stalking. Magistrates made Rawlings subject to a tag curfew for 4 months with 20 rehabilitation days. He was also handed a restraining order until February 2022 and ordered to pay costs of £620 with a £90 surcharge.
• Jamie-Lee Jones, 31, of Love Lane in Cowes, admitted drug driving (cannabis). She was disqualified from driving for 12 months , fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £32 surcharge.
• Dr David Henderson, 60, of Rushclose in Shanklin, pleaded guilty to drink driving. Magistrates ordered the local GP to carry out 120 hours of unpaid work, pay costs of £85 with a surcharge of £95. He was also disqualified from driving for 26 months, reduced by 26 weeks upon completion of an approved course.
• Shaun William Austin, 28, of Lea Road in Lake, was fined £120 for jointly possessing 15.6 grams of cocaine with Kaylan Halliday. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £32 surcharge. He was also fined £80 for possession of cannabis.
• Kaylan Halliday, 23, of Sandown Road, Sandown was also fined £120 for jointly possessing 15.6 grams of cocaine with Shaun Austin. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £32 surcharge.
• Graeme David Henry, 43, of Blackwater near Newport, was given a 6 month conditional discharge for driving without insurance. Magistrates accepted that he was, in effect, misled into believe he was insured as he continued to pay money to his ex-Wife. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £21 surcharge.