UPDATED: FIRE ALERT AT COUNTY HALL SEES SEVERAL APPLIANCES RESPOND

Fire crews from Newport, Cowes, Shanklin and Ryde have responded to an alert at County Hall in Newport this lunchtime (Friday).

A total of 5 appliances responded to the heart of democracy on the Island following an alarm activation at around 12:20.

However, the situation was quickly deemed to be a false alarm and appliances were stood down en-route.

Article continues below this advertisement

Newport’s wholetime appliance left the scene at 12:40, returning to station just a short distance away.

UPDATE – It has been confirmed that reports of smoke seen form the roof of County Hall prompted the emergency response.

On arrival the ‘smoke’ was quickly discovered to be steam from the boiler system.

The incident has been deemed a false alarm good intent.

Article continues below this advertisement

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
12 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Ron
Ron
3 months ago

False alarm typical i thought we were going to get rid of that eye sore.

Tony
Tony
Reply to  Ron
3 months ago

“HEART OF DEMOCRACY” .?? Strong words.

Pcw
Pcw
Reply to  Tony
3 months ago

Surely the writer is saying this with tongue in cheek or they are Deluded?

Terry
Terry
3 months ago

Blimey, with the amount of dead wood in therefore, it would have gone up quickly.

Truth
Truth
3 months ago

Perhaps the council are burning our council tax money, let’s face it, they waste most of it on stupidity..

Fedup
Fedup
3 months ago

Para.2. Heart of what?

Bon
Bon
Reply to  Fedup
3 months ago

I don’t doubt there’s an element of satire there. I like it.

Moi
Moi
3 months ago

Too much hot air I suspect

Bon
Bon
3 months ago

Breaking news, Dave burns his toast.

Granted
Granted
3 months ago

The devil takes care of his own. Only way is to vote for others in May to remove this likely corrupt rubbish from the building and our lives.

Oldbutalive
Oldbutalive
3 months ago

Honestly fireman Sam, it wasn’t me, its all the hot air in this place that is causing it, that’s why they are spending loads of our hard earned money replacing the air conditioning !

Football Betting Site Betway
 

Join our daily newsletter

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets