Firefighters from Ryde were called out during the early hours of this morning (Saturday) to help a dog that had got its head stuck.
1 appliance was mobilised to West Hill Road at around 04:30 after the Terrier’s owner alerted the fire service to his dog’s predicament.
5-year-old Sasha had managed to get her head stuck in a cast iron gate and couldn’t free herself.
Firefighters used a spreader, pallet knives and other items to free the canine’s head.
Thankfully, Sasha is none the worse for her ordeal.
Sandown’s retained crew also had an early hours call out this morning.
1 appliance was mobilised to an industrial unit in Sandown where a fire alarm was sounding.
External building checks were carried out and a thermal imaging camera used. The site’s key holder then allowed access for an internal check.
With no signs of fire and the alarm system successfully reset, the crew stood down to return to station.