2 appliances from Ryde Fire Station were called to the residential property on Bullen Road shortly before 22:00.
Firefighters have entered the address wearing breathing apparatus and equipped with a hose reel jet.
Island Echo is told that the fire has led to a bedroom becoming heavily smoke logged. Hampshire Fire Control are describing the incident as ‘serious’.
An appliance from another fire station is now standing by at Ryde to ensure continued fire cover.
UPDATE FRIDAY – Fire crews remained on scene for over 2 hours with the stop message being made at 00:10.