Breaking News First reported by Island Echo

UNATTENDED COOKING SPARKS CALL OUT FOR FIRE SERVICE

A pan left on the stove has resulted in a call out for fire crews from Shanklin and Ryde this morning (Friday).

2 appliances were mobilised to Chelsfield Avenue off Green Lane at 11:20 after control received a call from a neighbour about an alarm sounding and the smell of smoke.

Retained firefighters from Shanklin were first on scene and quickly determined that unattended cooking was to blame for the alert. They forced entry to the property.

Article continues below this advertisement

With the situation under control and the Shanklin crew using positive pressure ventilation to rid smoke from the building, Ryde’s appliance was released.

The incident has now been brought to a close.

Comment on this story

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets

/* ]]> */