With the majority of the population vaccinated against COVID-19 and take up dwindling over time, the Riverside Vaccination Centre will now only open 2 days a week – and is currently completely closed.
Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight Clinical Commissioning Group has confirmed that as well as a change in opening times, the centre is completely closed until Sunday 26th June and is therefore not currently accepting appointments or walk-ins for vaccination.
Moving forward, appointments through the National Booking System and walk-ins will be available at Riverside on Fridays (for those 12+) and Sunday (for those 5-11).
Aged 12+ clinics – from 08:00-20:00:
- Friday 1st July
- Friday 8th July
- Friday 15th July
- Friday 22nd July
- Friday 29th July
Aged 5-11 clinics – from 09:00-18:00:
- Sunday 26th June
- Sunday 3rd July
- Sunday 10th July
- Sunday 17th July
- Sunday 24th July
- Sunday 31st July
There are also a number of pop-up walk-ins available on the Island over the next couple of weeks including:
- Wednesday 22nd June at Aspire, Ryde, from 10:00-16:00
- Thursday 23rd June at Shanklin Fire Station, from 14:00-18:00
- Saturday 25th June at Lord Louis Library, Newport, from 10:00-16:30
- Monday 27th June at Lord Louis Library, Newport, from 10:00-16:00
- Tuesday 28th June at The Heights Leisure Centre, from 17:00-19:30
- Thursday 30th June at Freshwater Fire Station, from 14:00-18:00
Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.