Fire crews from Shanklin, Newport, Ryde and Ventnor have all responded to reports of a fire at Porter Court in Lake this evening (Friday).
At around 17:25 the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service mobilised several resources – including an aerial appliance and the Incident Command Unit – to the accommodation complex off Sandown Road.
However, it quickly became apparent that there was no blaze developing resulting in crews being swiftly released from the incident.
Burnt cooking has been blamed.
1 appliance from Shanklin remains on the scene but they are not conducting any firefighting activity.