Fire appliances from Ventnor, Shanklin and Newport have been called to an address in St Catherine’s Street, Ventnor.
A call was made to fire control at around 19:30.
UPDATE @ 20:11 – Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus have entered a flat at St Catherine’s Place off Wheeler’s Bay car park. They’ve extinguished a fire within using a single hose reel jet.
It has been confirmed that the fire was started by a candle, that spread to nearby combustables.
Thankfully, no one has been injured in the incident.
Just 1 appliance remains on scene but they are too preparing to return to station.