Breaking News


UPDATED: Fire crews from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service have been mobilised to reports of a fire at a property in the South of the Island this evening (Tuesday). 

Fire appliances from Ventnor, Shanklin and Newport have been called to an address in St Catherine’s Street, Ventnor.

A call was made to fire control at around 19:30.

Article continues below this advertisement

UPDATE @ 20:11 – Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus have entered a flat at St Catherine’s Place off Wheeler’s Bay car park. They’ve extinguished a fire within using a single hose reel jet.

It has been confirmed that the fire was started by a candle, that spread to nearby combustables.

Thankfully, no one has been injured in the incident.

Just 1 appliance remains on scene but they are too preparing to return to station.

Article continues below this advertisement

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times. data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets