TUMBLE DRYER FIRE EXTINGUISHED AT NEWPORT HOUSING COMPLEX

Published at:

Firefighters have tackled a tumble dryer fire at a housing complex for the elderly in Newport this morning (Wednesday).

3 fire appliances from Newport and East Cowes were mobilised to Foxes Road at 08:55, alongside an Aerial Ladder Platform and the Incident Command Unit.

The first crew on scene quickly extinguished the fire and used positive pressure ventilation to clear smoke from the building. The appliance was removed from the property.

Article continues below this advertisement

East Cowes’ appliance was stood down en-route to the incident.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
Football Betting Site Betway
 

Join our daily newsletter

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets