Firefighters from Shanklin and Ventnor are tackling a tumble dryer fire at a pub on Shanklin Esplanade this afternoon (Sunday).
2 appliances are currently on scene at The Fishermans Cottage having been called out at around 12:40.
It’s been confirmed that the tumble dryer is located on the 1st floor of the property.
The incident is under control and there is no threat to the thatch structure.
UPDATE – The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service have now stood down from the incident.
The fire was contained to the appliance.